Grainger is North America’s leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions and unparalleled customer service keep customers’ operations running and their people safe.
We’re looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger.
As an Inside Sales Associate, you’ll report to a Manager of Inside Sales and build relationships with mid-sized customers to enhance their business operations and integrate Grainger’s purchasing technology. The more customers who purchase on their own, the greater your earning potential as sales without your direct involvement count toward your uncapped commission!
Our 4-week training program covers essential selling skills, Grainger’s services and our customers to set you up for success. Our sales teams share best practices and collaborate through frequent sales contests, team huddles and coaching sessions.
- Achieve your sales goal by maximizing customer-facing time
- Build customer relationships to understand their needs and remain responsive to changing customer goals
- Source and prioritize new sales opportunities by phone and email
- Adapt your communication approach by customer to best solve their challenges
- Demonstrate perseverance to overcome customer concerns and close sales opportunities
- High school diploma or equivalent (college degree preferred)
- Comfort spending 50% or more of the day working with customers over the phone
- Excellent listening and communication skills to capture and address customer needs
- Experience with a customer relationship management tool, like Salesforce, is a plus
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members’ individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Uncapped commission
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.