Grainger’s Marketing Development Program is currently recruiting for full-time Specialist positions in a flexible work environment, combining some remote work with work in our downtown Chicago and Lake Forest locations. The three-year program offers recent college graduates and early-in-career professionals the opportunity to cultivate the marketing, analytic and professional skills required to be Marketing Athletes capable of solving complex problems and driving growth and productivity. Participants gain broad, cross-functional exposure to different areas of Marketing Department through a series of rotational experiences. These rotations may include, but are not limited to, the following areas: Offline, Digital Marketing, Strategy, Design Planning & Operations.
At Grainger, we help keep people safe and businesses running through innovative solutions, state of the art technology, and world class service. As the industry market leader and tenth largest e-retailer in North America, our people are the differentiating factor and what has made us successful for 90 years and counting. We continue to grow and evolve by investing in our people, new technology and truly understanding the needs of our customers. We pride ourselves in helping our customers “get it done.”
We are a diverse, collaborative and energetic group that is passionate about helping our customers and our community. Our Marketing team works hard to foster an exciting and challenging environment that encourages customer-centric and outside the box thinking and growth. Grainger is a place where you can flourish and make an impact on the world around you. If you are about “getting it done,” then Grainger is the place for you!
- Participate in a 3 year rotational program, focused on acquiring cross channel knowledge to support evergreen efforts.
- Responsible for program management and performance optimizations of each channel rotation.
- Execute the day-to-day tactics to improve channel performance, new customers acquisition, site traffic, conversions, and incremental ROAS.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Garner a foundational understanding of the rotation channel selected
- Plan Chanel projects, maintain targeted budget, develop strong internal and external relationships and control risks
- Support and translate marketing strategies into successful channel campaigns that are on time, on budget and result in desired outcomes
- Work with Testing and Optimization, Analytics, Merchandizing, Technology and other internal business partners to design and execute proactive recommendations that start with the customer
- Proactively develop, execute and analyze tests (ad copy, landing page, strategic, etc.) that improve efficiencies and engage customers with relevant value propositions aligned with their needs
- Act as channel subject matter expert by driving continued innovation and industry best practices
- Prepare and provide channel performance reports, data analyses and proposed action items to internal and external teams
- Stay current on tools, trends, tactics, news and betas from industry blogs, peer networks and vendors, and educate broader organization and key stakeholders on new opportunities
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mathematics, Computer Science, Advertising or equivalent
- Agency or advertiser-side intern experience a plus
- Proven ability to translate performance data into actionable insights using quantitative analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills with attention to details and focus on quality of results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Physical demands encompass typical day-to-day job functions of a traditional office environment
- Ability to work at downtown and Lake Forest offices as needed
- Execute channel campaigns that directly impact Grainger digital and offline channels and overall company goals by capturing demand of high-intent customers
- Impact/influence business KPIs, such as incremental revenue and return on ad spend, site performance, sales throughout customer lifecycle and new customer acquisitions
- Reports to: Rotation Channel Manager and agency relationships
- Works closely with all Digital Marketing channels, Strategy, Analytics, Online Merchandising, UX, Finance, Creative
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.