Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
The marketplace is evolving. Customer and employee expectations are changing. What worked yesterday may not work as well tomorrow. Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals help companies stay ahead of the game with bold thinking, big ideas and progressive strategies.
Our Advisory teams apply their deep experience and global footprint to challenge the status quo and develop custom strategies that work for you. With a focus on pragmatism, our outside-in, customer-led approach facilitates the agility and innovation necessary to be a future-ready organization. Our services support you wherever you are in your business cycle — whether you’re looking at a transaction to propel your company forward, focusing on developing and implementing the right controls to mitigate risk, or advancing your company’s finance and technology infrastructure to match your aspirations.
Grant Thornton is seeking a Sourcing & Supply Chain Consulting (Anaplan) Manager to join the team in New York City. Additional approved locations include Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Charlotte, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix or Los Angeles.
As today’s organizations grow, processes and operating models that were once successful can become cumbersome and inefficient. The rapid pace of change in technology, customer expectations, staffing and other business factors can lead to stagnating profit growth and insufficient ROI. The key is to get the most from limited resources. Our deep industry experience and knowledge of organizational and operational functions and priorities can help clients develop and implement strategies that achieve the transformation they need.
As a Manager within the Supply Chain Practice, you will help organizations proactively shape and implement their overall supply chain strategy and supporting initiatives. You will assist with the continued development of the solutions we offer our clients. Specific to client interaction, you will lead the delivery of supply chain engagements and work with chief supply chain officers, chief operating officers, chief financial officers, and other senior client leaders to demonstrate your supply chain subject matter expertise as we seek to help them implement supply chain solutions in support of their broader supply chain strategy and goal of creating value. You will also coach our staff as they work on engagements and progress within the firm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR ANAPLAN SOLUTION ARCHITECTS:
- Lead sales pursuits, including level of effort estimates and staffing of projects
- Lead analysis, architecture, design and development of Anaplan solutions
- Manage teams in the identification of business requirements, functional and technical design, prototyping, testing, training, and defining support procedures.
- Subject matter expertise in planning and modeling in Supply Chain, Finance or Sales strongly preferred
- Lead full life-cycle implementations and effectively manage resources and budget on client projects.
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project financials, deliverable quality review, and client management.
- Maintain an exceptional working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and become a trusted business advisor.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives while portraying knowledge and confidence.
- Build on client relationships by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and industry involvement and communicating our value proposition.
- Manage and minimize engagement delivery risk by proactively identifying issues and recommended courses of remediation to engagement teams.
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Information Systems or related field required.
- 6+ years of related work experience with a minimum of 2 years in a similar consulting practice implementing one or more EPM, Supply Chain Planning, or IBP technologies required
- 2+ years’ experience as an Anaplan Solution Architect and/or Anaplan Delivery Manager
- 2+ years’ experience leading and managing project teams
- Certified Anaplan Solution Architect or higher required
- Working knowledge of enterprise planning functions across finance, supply chain, and commercial across one or more industries
- Proficient data analytics and modeling skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Travel percentage: up to 80% in any given week; approximately 40-50% on average
Rewards and benefits
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit rewards and benefits.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.