Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
The marketplace is evolving. Customer and employee expectations are changing. What worked yesterday may not work as well tomorrow. Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals help companies stay ahead of the game with bold thinking, big ideas and progressive strategies.
Our Advisory teams apply their deep experience and global footprint to challenge the status quo and develop custom strategies that work for you. With a focus on pragmatism, our outside-in, customer-led approach facilitates the agility and innovation necessary to be a future-ready organization. Our services support you wherever you are in your business cycle — whether you’re looking at a transaction to propel your company forward, focusing on developing and implementing the right controls to mitigate risk, or advancing your company’s finance and technology infrastructure to match your aspirations.
Grant Thornton is seeking a Sourcing & Supply Chain Consulting Senior Associate to join the team in Charlotte. Additional approved locations include Philadelphia, New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Orange County, Houston, Milwaukee, San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles and Boston.
As today’s organizations grow, processes and operating models that were once successful can become cumbersome and inefficient. The rapid pace of change in technology, customer expectations, staffing and other business factors can lead to stagnating profit growth and insufficient ROI. The key is to get the most from limited resources. Our deep industry experience and knowledge of organizational and operational functions and priorities can help clients develop and implement strategies that achieve the transformation they need.
As a Senior Associate within the Supply Chain Practice, you will help organizations proactively shape and implement their overall supply chain strategy and supporting initiatives. Specific to client interaction, you will play a key role in the delivery of supply chain engagements and work with chief supply chain officers, chief operating officers, chief financial officers, and other senior client leaders to demonstrate your supply chain subject matter expertise as we seek to help them implement supply chain solutions in support of their broader supply chain strategy and goal of creating value.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leverage subject matter expertise and prior consulting experience as it applies to our core supply chain solution offerings to lead the delivery of major supply chain transformation initiatives that will include process improvement, implementation of enabling technology, and organizational redesign for our clients.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and become a trusted business advisor.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives while portraying knowledge and confidence.
- Lead as a supply chain subject matter expert internally and to clients by regularly demonstrating thought leadership and creative approaches to solving client issues.
- Build on client relationships by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and industry involvement and communicating our value proposition.
- Proactively identify issues on your engagement and communicate recommended solutions to your engagement manager.
- Perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the professional services you will deliver.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) to six (6) years of related work experience required with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar consulting practice providing supply chain services preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Multiple instances of client project delivery experience in at least 2 of these areas:
- Supply Chain Strategy & Transformation
- Integrated Demand & Supply Planning
- Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- Supply Chain Operations
- Supply Chain Analytics & Visibility
- Prior implementation experience with supply chain systems (Oracle Supply Chain Cloud, ToolsGroup, JDA, Infor, Llamasoft, Ariba, Basware, Coupa, Logility, Arkieva, Kinaxis, NCR, Elementum, Anaplan, etc.)
- Prior experience with large scale supply chain transformation projects that were part of a broader ERP project.
- Supply chain related project experience involving the implementation of AI, IoT, RPA, Blockchain, or Machine Learning is desired.
- Supply chain certifications such as APICS CSCP.
- Six Sigma certifications preferred, e.g. Green Belt or Black Belt.
- Proficient data analytics and modeling skills.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, or other similar analytics tools and SQL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel on short notice and work additional hours as necessary.
- Travel percentage: up to 80% or as needed
Rewards and benefits
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit rewards and benefits.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To be included in any job posting where the new hire will sit in LA proper only.
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.