About the job
Hallo is an online marketplace for language learning that provides students with opportunities to speak and practice in small groups through live video interaction. All team members at Hallo are ambitious and passionate about helping others become fluent and achieve their dreams.
As a Marketing Manager, you will play a critical role in building Hallo’s awareness and online presence, which will help user engagement and revenue in return. The end goals are 1) increasing Hallo’s web and social presence (website + app traffic) 2) revenue: students booking courses and private lessons and 3) product marketing: showing current users how they can achieve their goals on Hallo.
- Creating new video content and repurposing content
- Writing insightful blogs/articles for the community/guest appearances on blogs/podcasts
- Improve SEO, website performance, and conversion/bounce rate
- Creating and executing marketing campaigns for paid ads (google ads, FB ads)
- Building and maintaining social media presence
- Focusing on particular countries such as Korea and India
- Work with freelancers and Hallo admins from different countries
- Use data to inform product development, marketing strategy and new opportunities
- Understand Google analytics and similar platforms.
*It is not necessary to know all the above (it’s not a checklist;) What is most important is an ambitious attitude and ability to learn quickly (growth mindset). We are all learning every day and trying to become the best at Hallo.
- 1-2 years of marketing experience
- BA/BS degree or higher
- Passion for language learning, marketing, design, and startups
- Creative thinking with a bias towards execution
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to work across Marketing and Product
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also able to build strong internal relationships and build consensus on critical initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent people and collaboration skills to interact with cross-functional teams and third parties
- Comfortable and confident with public speaking, being on camera (live/recorded videos for Hallo community and social media).
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously while prioritizing time and resources based on business impact
- Live with passion
- Dream big
- Lead with Excellence
- Be an entrepreneur
- Ride together
*IMPORTANT: Check out this article, “Why You Should Join The Hallo Rocketship” before submitting your application to see if you would be a good fit for Hallo.