Project Management Training Program Overview
Harris’ accelerated project management program provides you the chance to learn and refine the skills necessary to work more proficiently, increase productivity and propel your project management career to the next level.
This interactive, rotational program explores the critical areas of project management that seasoned project managers tackle daily. Learn from different business areas within the Harris organization and in 18-24 months have the opportunity to work within multiple Harris locations as an efficient project manager with on-the-job experience.
During the program, employees will work on a key project that builds during each phase of the rotation and will be presented to key management following all rotational assignments.
- Ideal for graduating students looking to pursue a career in construction project management
- Advance quickly in your career by utilizing the rotational learning model
- Participants will be placed in a project manager position upon successful completion of the program
- Lodging and travel covered by Harris during the program
During the first 18-24 months of the program, you will spend time at each of our regional offices in a rotational structure, learning about the following aspects of our business:
- Project Management – Develop and implement strategies, plans and procedures to run a project.
- Estimating – Learn the basic principles on how to quantify the materials, labor, and equipment needed to complete a job.
- Manufacturing – Spend time in one of our fabrication facilities to learn the cost-saving + productivity benefits of this part of our business.
- Engineering/Design – Learn how to design, analyze, manufacture and maintain a Harris mechanical system.
- BIM/VDC – Understand how the flow and management of data is produced and shared throughout the project lifecycle.
- Field – Work with superintendents and foremen to realize the day-to-day operations on the construction site and control the short-term schedule.
- Service – Experience why customers across the country trust Harris for preventive maintenance, system replacements and emergency services.
- Controls – Develop solutions that integrate specialty building, HVAC, lighting and security controls on a single user-friendly platform.
- Accounting + Business Office – Practice first-hand the inner workings of office structure by shadowing Accounting, Corporate Services, Human Capital, Marketing + Communications, Payroll and Purchasing.
What we’re looking for in you
- Student graduating in Fall 2021 or Spring 2022 preferred with a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or related
- Knowledge/experience of the building & construction industry required
- Strong understanding of mechanical systems required
- Ability and willingness to relocate is required
- Demonstrated leadership skills including perseverance, accepting responsibility, flexing leadership style, recognize and optimize resources, and people leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative/self-motivated
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Harris is a leading national mechanical contractor specializing in design and engineering, construction, controls, service, manufacturing, conveyors and end-to-end building systems. Customers who partner with Harris benefit from our national reach, regional offices, local expertise and more than 70 years of experience. From power plants to stand-alone hospitals, stadiums to concert halls, we bring a spirit of creative problem solving and a commitment to excellence to every project, no matter the size, complexity or location.
Visit our Careers Page for details: https://www.harriscompany.com/careers/employee-benefits-at-a-glance