In this role our Staff Accountants are responsible for general accounting functions including financial reporting of practice operations and support of practice management. Accountants maintain multiple general ledgers and prepare monthly journal entries, analyses and account reconciliations as required to accurately close the monthly fiscal period.
In addition to the duties described in the primary job description Staff Accountants have responsibilities which include:
- Prepare detailed monthly actual to budget variance reports to support practice management in the review of monthly operating performance.
- Prepare monthly reports for key indicators and statistics.
- Assist practice management, as needed with financial information requests and questions
- Distribute monthly reports to appropriate practice management personnel.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all Balance sheet accounts, including documentation to support all balances.
- Participate in development and detailed review of annual operating budgets and performance projections
- Prepare and submit annual personal property tax and Sales & Use tax returns, as required.
- Perform timely internal compliance audits for Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Treasury and A/R (CBO), as directed
- Respond to requests for information from Corporate, Internal Audit and other internal management.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality to ensure that privileged and / or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Accounting is required. Other business related fields may be considered
- Two years of progressive accounting experience; preferably in a physician practice management or healthcare-related environment.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of healthcare accounting experience.
Physician Services Group (PSG) is a part of HCA Healthcare the world’s largest for-profit healthcare provider. Our mission at PSG is to practice the best medicine, produce superior patient experiences, achieve operational excellence and collaborate with other health care partners, so that the communities we serve reap the benefits of high-quality, cost-effective care. With over 21,000 colleagues nationwide, the medical teams at PSG support over 1000 physician practices and have over 12 million patient encounters annually.