Focus. Clarity. Commitment.
At HCVT, we are different. We are a team driven by our values—Integrity at our Core, Building Success Together, and a Passion for Excellence. Our focus and commitment are on the needs of our clients and our team. Clarifying and resolving complex issues is what we do. How we do it is what sets us apart from other CPA firms.
As part of the HCVT team, you will work in a fast-paced environment. Our culture is all about collaboration, teamwork, giving back to our communities, and partner access and accountability. We also believe that there is no one way to progress in your career. We are flexible and embrace diversity. We provide our team members the right tools to be successful with a continual focus on technical training, as well as other skills necessary to thrive in the world of public accounting.
As a Staff in our Audit service line, you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist engagement teams in clearly and accurately documenting and executing audit procedures as defined by engagement objectives
- Complete assigned projects within engagement timelines and budget guidelines
- Help ensure that the information stream from the client to the audit team is well-organized and efficient
- Identify and communicate potential audit issues to the engagement team
- Communicate status of work and issues with seniors, managers or partners on a timely basis
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence when interacting with clients and firm professionals
- Perform self-review of work
- Learn and effectively utilize firm audit software to continually learn, knowledge sharing, and enhance the quality of service to clients
- Participate in trainings, recruiting events, and firm activities
- Work with your buddy and performance manager on professional development of both technical and soft skills
To be successful, these are the skills and experience you will need:
- On track to completing a bachelor’s degree in accounting or a master’s degree in accounting between December 2020 – August 2021
- Minimum overall and accounting GPAs of 3.0
- Active membership in Beta Alpha Psi or another accounting campus organization
- Strong technical aptitude and evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit leadership skills that demonstrate strong judgement, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Able to learn in a fast paced environment and receptive to feedback and coaching
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, and take initiative on projects
- Can work independently and manage multiple assignments in a dynamic environment
- High attention to detail
- A positive attitude and a team player mentality with a can-do spirit
- Is client-centric and willing to go the extra mile to meet deadlines
How to Apply:
- Apply on Lever – https://jobs.lever.co/hcvt
- Select the office and start date you’re most interested in and submit an application
- Required documents – Resume, Unofficial Transcripts, Cover Letter
*Note – HCVT is unable to sponsor the work authorization of candidates.
The ordinance requires employers to state, in all job solicitations, postings and advertisements, that the employer will consider applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative.
Connect with us: