HDLA, an award-winning landscape architecture firm located in the urban fabric near downtown Nashville, TN, is seeking a Landscape Architect/Project Manager with 5-12 years of professional experience to join our energetic and creative design studio.
HDLA is a Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Planning Firm, committed to design excellence and the creation of sustainable, beautiful, and memorable landscapes that evoke a sense of place and connect communities to the built environment. HDLA values professional growth, work-life balance, and a collaborative open office environment. HDLA’s diverse portfolio includes high profile urban spaces, parks, retail, mixed-use and civic centers, multi-family residential communities, institutional and campus planning, medical facilities, and green infrastructure. For a more in-depth cross section of work, please visit www.hodgsondouglas.com.
Successful Landscape Architect/Project Manager Candidates will demonstrate a superior level of design skill, creativity and a passion for continued learning and professional growth. This position serves as the critical contact point between the firm and its clients as well as consultants and contractors with whom we work. As such, strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills are essential to the position. Candidates must be creative, organized, detail-oriented, efficient, adaptable to changing deadlines and priorities, and able to work collaboratively and confidently within a project team. The position serves a crucial role within the overall firm structure and exists to fulfill the overall, as well as day to day, management of individual projects within the firm. Candidates should be passionate about design and the practice of landscape architecture and motivated to make an impactful difference in this profession and it’s changing role in shaping built environments.
• 5-12 years of professional experience
• Experience in working on Landscape Architecture projects from Concept to Construction Administration
• Technically competent and experienced with both plant and hardscape design
• Well organized
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to communicate via sketches and hand graphics
• Disciplined in time management
• Strong personal skills including phone skills and personal interaction with clients
• Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks/schedules at one time
• Ability to effectively manage and delegate work to Project Designers within the firm
• Ability and Passion for collaboration during the entire design and construction process
• Working toward licensure or licensed
BLA or MLA from an accredited Landscape Architecture program required.
HDLA offers competitive salary commensurate with experience.