Join a growing public accounting firm where corporate culture, exceptional client service and teamwork are top priorities. At Henry+Horne, we believe a happy workplace results in happy clients and that’s why we’ve been an award-winning firm and a top place to work since our inception in 1957. We value our firm culture and career development of our team members, which is why we promote and reward based on the contributions and values our team members provide. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, an attractive suite of benefits, require minimal travel, and provide an excellent work environment with the leading technical tools that are utilized in a paperless environment. Relocation assistance may be offered for this position.
Audit Interns assist with performance of financial audits, reviews and compilations. Interns work to hone their analytical and investigative skills as they audit financial statements, internal control policies and transactions. Audit Interns will also be responsible for performing administrative duties associated with planning and finalizing client work. Interns will be supervised by a senior member of the Firm to ensure learning and development. Audit Interns support the Firm’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment and accountability.
This internship is scheduled to run from January through April 2023.
Job Responsibilities – will include, but are not limited to:
· Demonstrate ability to establish workload priorities and perform assigned tasks on engagements or projects
· Organize and prepare work papers clearly, neatly, and accurately
· Learn client’s business as it relates to particular area or assignment
· Research technical materials and develop technical skills
· Update Supervisor of job status, concerns, and areas of risk
· Establish and maintains working relationships with clients and provide excellent customer service with timely communication
· Apply Firm’s mission statement to all aspects of service approach
Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
· Strong customer service skills
· Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
· Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines both as an individual and as part of a team
· Establishes strong relationships with executives, staff, clients, outside agencies, organizations and individuals
Education and Experience:
· Applicant must be enrolled in and pursuing a masters and/or undergraduate degree in accounting and will be pursuing their CPA license in Arizona after graduation
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.