Tax Intern performs assigned tasks in the technical areas of an engagement or project to assist in the completion of client service work. Applicant is responsible for knowing and understanding the Firm’s service approach, professional requirements and lines of business; as the ability to assume greater levels of responsibility is demonstrated, more complex technical areas may be assigned. Tax Intern supports the Firm’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, collaboration, innovation, respect, personalization, commitment and accountability.
Job Responsibilities – will include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates ability to establish workload priorities and perform assigned tasks on engagements or projects
- Organizes and prepares work papers clearly, neatly, and accurately
- Learns client’s business as it relates to particular area or assignment
- Demonstrates ability to research technical materials and develop technical skills
- Updates Supervisor of job status and concerns
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with clients and provides excellent customer service with timely communication
- Applies Firm’s mission statement to all aspects of service approach
Education and Experience:
- Applicant must be enrolled in and pursuing a masters and/or undergraduate degree in accounting and will be pursuing their CPA license in Arizona after graduation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Establishes strong relationships with executives, staff, clients, outside agencies, organizations and individuals
Join a growing public accounting firm where corporate culture, exceptional client service and teamwork are top priorities. At Henry+Horne, we believe a happy workplace results in happy clients. We value our firm culture and career development of our team members. We promote and reward based on the contributions and values our team members provide. We offer a highly competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, require minimal travel, and provide an excellent work environment and leading technical tools that are utilized in a paperless environment. Relocation assistance may be offered for this position.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.