Product Manager, Hive Data Role
The Hive Data team plays a central role at Hive in enabling massive amounts of data to be labeled in an accurate, efficient, and scalable way. You’ll take a critical part in improving a platform of services and tools used by millions, and which is paramount to the success of bleeding edge ML products and research.
As a Product Manager, you will be an essential part of the Hive team, working effectively across all disciplines to build, launch, and iterate. You will work closely with all stakeholders to define product requirements and see implementation through to completion, leading development efforts between engineering and design. You will play a central role in helping each team succeed and promoting productivity, efficiency, risk management, and continuous improvement. You are passionate about organization, experienced in working with agile teams, have a good understanding of best practices in software engineering, highly effective in communicating and problem solving, and have experience managing enterprise projects.
- Oversee product execution from inception to delivery
- Gain deep understanding of our enterprise customers’ needs
- Mock up concepts, write specs, cut tickets, write copy and do whatever it takes to ship your products
- Work closely with teams comprised of engineers, designers, sales, and play a critical role in planning of projects to ensure the timely delivery of quality products and features
- Help teams estimate and decompose complex projects into manageable parts with delivery plans, and track progress against those plans
- Work with teams to drive alignment, remove blockers, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs against technical constraints throughout project lifecycles
- Facilitate the resolution of timing conflicts, project collisions, and resourcing constraints, and identify and remove bottlenecks
- Work with leadership to determine top priorities and ensure development work reflects those priorities
- Communicate plans, status, risks (and mitigations) to all stakeholders, escalate urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure
- Measure engineering velocity, and help identify and establish new best practices to improve the speed at which projects are delivered
- Hold yourself and team members accountable to timelines
- BA / BS, preferably in computer science or a related technical field
- A track record of building web products, preferably in a startup or fast-paced environment
- You have technical experience with any of the following: data, analytics, design or engineering
- Technical depth that lets you understand tradeoffs and ask engineers insightful questions about architecture and product decisions alike
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Experience working with engineering, design, and customers in enterprise software or related technical fields
- Experience leading a team, and effectively implementing team goals and deadlines
- Detail oriented; organized; collaborative; hands on
- Exceptionally clear and precise communication skills
- Self-starter, capable of staying on track while pursuing solutions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- You are comfortable with — and can thrive in — an environment that is constantly changing, frequently uncertain, and at times chaotic
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement
Who We Are
We are a group of ambitious individuals who are passionate about creating a revolutionary AI company. At Hive, you will have a steep learning curve and an opportunity to contribute to one of the fastest growing AI start-ups in San Francisco. The work you do here will have a noticeable and direct impact on the development of the company.
Thank you for your interest in Hive and we hope to meet you soon!