Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macro trends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 110,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
This role provides strategic leadership and end-to-end delivery and ownership of IT solutions for Engineering functions in Honeywell and lead the IT Operations ensuring reliability and availability of all engineering applications managed by IT.
- Ownership of operational activities to be performed on Engineering applications managed by IT.
- Execute proper methodologies to improve the change management process, reduce unscheduled downtime, and improve customers’ satisfaction.
- Be an escalation point for the engineering business partners for complex issue resolution
- Management of operational relationships with our IT managed service provider and external vendors, including performance expectations, contractual renewals, and billing.
- Management of all Operations related internal projects, providing regular updates to stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence to company and IT policies and procedures.
- Implement and manage support procedures for incidents across all IT systems in scope and through all levels of support.
- Implement and manage procedures for delivery of established IT request services, including definition of the service catalog.
- Interface with and manage expectations for senior management and business stakeholders. Effectively communicate successes and challenges both to team and leadership.
- Drive 100% accuracy of CMDB data.
- Work with HGS team to drive security practices in Engineering domain.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 15+ years IT or business experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in Engineering.
- Business IT and/or business leadership experience with exposure to working with senior leadership and CXO’s.
- Understanding of Budget planning and monitoring.
- Experience in defining and rolling out standards.
- Understanding of and experience using HUE techniques and customer focused approach.
- Leadership Skills: Ability to define vision for the organization, rally the team around the vision, set high expectations and manage to expectations of delivering contemporary, long lasting solutions, right and fast.
- Strong Coaching and Influencing Skills: Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization.
- Account Management Skills: Develops strong working relationships with internal customers and takes ownership for meeting/exceeding customer needs throughout IT lifecycle; true end-to-end service ownership mindset.
- Lead and manage team of IT professionals, including performance management, mentoring, and career development.
- Strong background in ITIL and Knowledge Management processes preferable, with a focus on Change management
- Knowledge and experience in DevSecOps.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quality experience.
- Experience leveraging managed or outsourced services preferable.
- Innovative thinker with strong written and oral communication skills who can successfully interact with all levels of the organization.
**Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.**