Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macro trends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 110,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Finance Director team is responsible for Honeywell’s global financial planning, forecasting and analysis. BAP leads the annual operating planning process, monthly short-range outlooks, and coordinates and provides financial oversight for the long-range planning process. BAP strives to be a trusted business partner which can be relied upon to drive business actions and outcomes through critical insights and analysis. BAP is focused on delivering business results through accurate forecasting and effective planning.
The Corporate BAP Director will be part of the team that develops and executes Honeywell’s forecasting and planning process, creates related analysis and presents findings, which position Honeywell to meet its growth strategy and cost efficiency goals. Will serve as an integral part of continually improving Honeywell’s financial capabilities and business performance and drive critical finance transformations related to our management reporting, planning and forecasting processes. This person must exhibit strong leadership traits, communication skills and initiative.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Business Analysis and Planning, key responsibilities as follows:
- Lead or play a critical role in Honeywell’s Strategic Plan, Annual Operating Plan and Short-Range Outlook processes
- Identify performance trends within the business and risks and opportunities in current plans and forecasts
- Develop and drive a wide range of financial analyses focused on business trends and evaluation of business performance, projections, reports, and presentations for senior management
- Establish clear, consistent reporting and operating processes – ensuring accurate and timely data availability and insightful, thorough analysis
- Prepare and provide information for presentations for the Honeywell CEO and CFO (e.g. – Board of Directors, Executive Leadership and other meetings)
- Play a critical role in the evolution of Honeywell’s overall financial information program, including areas such as management reporting, data management and related systems and processes
- Act as business partner to SBG finance leaders to demonstrate insight of financial analysis techniques, tools and concepts to provide practical counsel to drive results
- Partner with Investor Relations in developing external communications and financial support
- Develop and lead Honeywell Finance Learning Programs
- Must be able to oversee and lead the work of other team members
- Special projects as required
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or related field preferred. Masters Business Administration and/or CPA will be favorably viewed.
- Minimum of 12+ years in areas of increasing responsibility in a finance function
- Industrial and/or technology, manufacturing industry experience is ideal
- Experience developing forecasts and operating plans and related analytics
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills (linking results to drivers)
- Ability to translate complex business and financial issues into readily understandable terms
- Multitasking capabilities; professionally handles the pressure of meeting multiple, high-priority deadlines
- Ability to quickly identify subtle patterns and trends
- Previous experience in managing junior team members, demonstrated ability to train, teach, or coach finance professionals
- Proficiency in Hyperion, Oracle Essbase and ERP systems, including SAP
- Capability and desire to assume broader roles in the future
- Unquestionable ethics, character and integrity
- Excellent executive presence, communication, relationship building and influencing skills balanced with a hands-on understanding of details
- Self-starter, dynamic “doer” with a high level of resilience and tenacity
- Strong work ethic and complimentary values that align with Honeywell
- Viewed as a leader and collaborative team member
**Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.**