Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macro trends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 110,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) – New Product Development (NPD) is Honeywell’s organizational link between Integrated Supply Chain and the product development functions of Engineering, Program Management, and the Strategic Business Units. AME participates in the execution of new product development programs to ensure product cost, capability, and producibility targets are achieved. Specifically, this involves evaluations of the design, the supply base, the product cost, the manufacturing factory, the manufacturing process capability, and the manufacturing yield of an end item product. Knowledge of the HON Aerospace processes for Integrated Product Delivery and Support (IPDS), Flawless Launch, and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) are required.
The current specific opportunity is in the mechanical aerospace component design market space. This position requires on-site presence at the HON facility located in Phoenix, AZ.
- Lead the implementation of new manufacturing techniques
- Interface with Program Management and Customers
- Review conceptual and development designs for cost, quality, manufacturability, and yield
- Manage Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) items to meet IPDS goals
- Manage Unit Product Cost (UPC) models to meet Flawless Launch and APQP goals
- Ensure Design benefit from the APQP artifacts of PMap, DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plan, and PPAP
- Ensure Product benefit from the Flawless Launch artifacts of DFM Scorecard, Heat Map, PRR, and MRA
- Interface with Engineering and Sourcing to identify Suppliers meeting capacity, cost, and capability goals
- Identify and manage new product assembly, test, or tooling Capital needs
- Drive IPDS adherence for all ISC related items
- Manage Cost Take Out (CTO) efforts and risk mitigation plans
- Drive DFX (Manufacturing, Assembly, Test, Lean) activities
- Predict and Manage Product Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY) Efforts to Aero RTY goals
- Facilitate Product Production Readiness Reviews and associated Phase 5 action closures.
- Interface with Production Cell(s) to ensure smooth Production Transitions
- Provide Proposal ISC artifacts in IPDS Phase 2 as required
- Provide AME/ISC scheduling, planning, and budget management to Program Management as required
- Understand, manage, and achieve AME HMR hardware delivery program milestones
- Drive IPDS adherence for all ISC related items in the Phase Exit Criteria Assessment (PECA) check sheets
- Achieve ISC Program Milestones, maintain required IPDS metrics and provide status presentations
- Support AME HOS activities including standard work definition and tiered MOS accountability
- Support visual management tool usage and execution.
- Support site ISC Tier 1-4 meetings as required and site SIOP meeting support as it relates to programs
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 5+ years of Engineering, Program Management or Integrated Supply Chain experience
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements
- Product knowledge in engines and APUs.
- Ability to read engineering mechanical drawings and assess for manufacturing capability.
- Knowledge of casting and machining processes.
- Excellent computer skills with Excel, Power Point and SAP.
- Position requires manufacturing and supplier factory floor exposure requiring safety shoes and glasses
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation
- Solid understanding of manufacturing techniques and their impact on costs
- Proficiency in project management skills with the ability to close initiatives on time and within budget
- Green Belt, DFSS, Black Belt, Lean, or HOS certification. Demonstrated ability in using six sigma tools
- Experience with DFMEA/PFMEA/MSA and other APQP elements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, able to influence and provide visionary leadership.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SAP, Teamcenter, and other data system applications.
**Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.**