Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings intelligent and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Honeywell changes the way the world works. For more than 130 years, we’ve solved the toughest customer challenges through a rare combination of our industrial expertise and our innovations in ground-breaking software and technology, and industry-leading automation. This perfection is built on a foundation of inclusion, diversity and driving a performance culture that values integrity and ethics.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC) to deliver highly effective customized Honeywell Voice software solutions in a timely and efficient manner. Candidates should be comfortable participating in multiple projects as either a SW Developer or SW Test Engineer while interfacing with internal and external customers in a high-energy environment. You will work within a global team environment handling several concurrent tasks, meeting scheduled milestones and take ownership of previously existing software solutions.
· Assist with both developing and testing Honeywell Voice solutions using a variety of structured and object-oriented tools, including Python, Java, SQL, and other graphical and report generation tools.
· Document and communicate development issues and defects through proper tools and channels for mitigation and scheduling purposes.
· Review design documents change requests and statements of work for completeness, accuracy, and feasibility, and to prepare test documentation and work effort estimates.
· Develop test plans and review them as needed with other project members.
· Perform functional, integration, and system level testing to simulate customer use of Honeywell’s integrated voice solution. This includes installation, test setup, test execution, and reporting and tracking defects.
· Create deliverables for electronic distribution, including release notes.
· Timely completion of testing efforts within defined schedule.
· Assure compliance with a standard development methodology, including requirements, test plans, and quality criteria.
· Learn new applications and tools in support of testing efforts.
· Help maintain systems for defect tracking, and a custom software repository.
· Assist with baseline product specifications (e.g. wish list, future development, new ideas, etc).
· Effectively communicate issues cross-functionally (e.g. with product management, project management, or development).
· Participate in the improvement of development and SQA processes.
· Reproduce field problems and assist technical support efforts when needed.
· Be part of a 24/7 on-call support rotation every 5 weeks.
· Willingness to Travel up to 15%
You must have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
· 3+ years of experience and working knowledge of Python
· 3+ years of experience and working knowledge of relational databases
· Experience using source control systems (e.g. Perforce and/or Git)
· Previous experience developing and consuming webservices (REST & SOAP)
· Working knowledge of C#
· A passion for learning new technologies
· Understanding the software development life cycle
· Demonstrate the ability to develop efficient and high-quality software
· Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
· Effective communicator
· Ability to quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts
· Ability to make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
· Ability to work in a global team environment as well as independently as the situation warrants
· Experience developing and designing voice applications/interfaces
· Experience with warehousing, supply chain and/or equipment inspection operations
· Experience maintaining and updating documentation, excellence in communication, writing and editing skills