Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macro trends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 110,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell is actively recruiting for a Sr. Manger, M&A/Corporate Development to join the team in our Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, GA Location(s).
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic M&A leader to work with cross-functional teams to quarterback acquisitions and strategic investments end-to-end, from target identification through post-Close integration execution. This person will work directly with the Director, Corporate Development & M&A to help formulate the business groups in organic strategy, while developing ongoing relationships with companies with significant future acquisition or partnership potential. The successful candidate will have a minimum 5+ years direct M&A transaction execution experience, preferably in software, with a preference for enterprise software / IoT in industrial markets. This individual will be responsible for leading/supporting all aspects of acquisition and investment transactions, including joint ventures and alliances, for the promotion of Honeywell’s growth objectives. They will be required to work extensively with cross-functional teams in the execution of their duties.
- Provide M&A guidance and process leadership to business segment teams in the field and have relevant contact with the SBG leadership
Support Development of Robust Acquisition Pipeline:
- Team with SBU Leadership teams to understand and develop strategic direction and acquisition/alliance priorities
- Develop and deploy robust acquisition pipeline process, leveraging strategic business unit priorities
- Work with SBU teams to plan ongoing outreach program to develop relationships with targets.
- Working cross functionally, drive further definition of strategic direction and ownership/sponsorship
- Identify and screen potential acquisition/partner targets; support target identification activities and help to manage comprehensive acquisition pipeline list
- Contact and pursue targeted companies consistent with Honeywell’s Corporate Acquisition Policy
Design and Conduct Thorough and Effective Acquisition Due Diligence:
- Screen, analyze and develop a strong business case for each acquisition, including quantitative support for annual operating plan and investment activities
- Support operational due diligence, including market strength, technology analyses, competitive position and operational effectiveness to validate growth and performance improvement initiatives
- Lead/support, financial due diligence, including current and projected performance expectations and financial transaction modeling
- Lead/support valuation modeling and provide valuation expertise to sponsoring SBUs
- Develop and present complex business plans to SBG leaders and senior Corporate leadership
Lead/support communications with Corporate CEO, CFO, Investment Committee, Global Head of M&A, GC and SBG leadership. (Communications are expected to be proactive, timely, open and collaborative, with a one team headset)
Support the pre-closing and post-closing acquisition integration processes:
- Manage team through the transaction process to ensure proper training on corporate integration process
- Ensure appropriate focus on and commitment to acquisition integration and seamless transition
- Support identification of appropriate Integration Leader deal by deal
- Support creation of scorecard metrics to track quarterly to measure deal success
- Ability to travel 30% (when travel restrictions are lifted)
YOU MUST HAVE
- BS, BA or BBA
- Minimum 7+ years of M&A transaction execution experience from start to finish, utilizing strong financial and project management capabilities
- BS, BA or BBA in Engineering, Business, Marketing, Finance, Accounting or other relevant discipline
- Advanced degree (MBA) from a top-tier school
- Experience with SaaS business models
- Superior financial and analytical skills, including valuation methodologies; strong accounting background a plus
- Experience managing all facets of a deal, including superior skills in screening and analyzing potential opportunities, cultivation, conducting due diligence, structuring, negotiating, executing, closing, and integrating deals
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), negotiation skills and a collaborative/team approach to execution
- Strategic insight into corporate fit of proposed transactions ability to see the bigger picture in order to gauge future acquisition runway and expansion paths
- Strong judgment, leadership and influencing skills to provide impetus to get deals done within realistic time frames and profitable parameters, while at the same time ensuring a fair and well-thought out presentation to Senior Corporate Leadership
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, work within a cross functional team environment and communicate effectively with multiple constituents
- Good strategic judgment and enough backbone to kill bad deals early in the process
- Strong independent work ethic and self-starter
- Add value to high-level management interactions, with a proven ability to develop, communicate and create buy-in around business strategies
- Knowledge of the industrial IoT landscape
**Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.**