Work hours: 0600-1430
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local community healthcare system serving an area of 1.6 million people in the greater Phoenix area. The network encompasses six acute-care hospitals, an extensive medical group, outpatient surgery centers, a cancer care network, clinical research, medical education, a foundation and community services with approximately 12,300 employees, 3,700 affiliated physicians and 3,100 volunteers.
HonorHealth was formed by a merger between Scottsdale Healthcare and John C. Lincoln Health Network. HonorHealth’s mission is to improve the health and well-being of those we serve.
As a community healthcare system, we have a unique responsibility to keep our facilities as safe as possible to protect our patients and team members while we work to achieve our mission, “to improve the health and well-being of those we serve.” Therefore, HonorHealth is requiring that all new hires have received the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine before they start, and be scheduled for their second dose. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
This position works under the direct supervision of the Network Supply Chain Operations Director and in collaboration with each Honor Health facility (five) Supply Chain Director and (two outpatient surgery centers), this position will have on-site business operational responsibilities to support patient care in the Operating Room, Cath Lab, IR with all consignment and networked owned physician preference item (PPI) implants. Manages target inventory/budget responsibility of + or – $30mil range, annually. Supervises the OR and Cath Lab inventory management activities. Recruits and supervises assigned staff, supports department operations/procedures and completes employee evaluations. Ensures the departmental inventory budgets meet or exceed industry benchmarks.
- Manages target inventory/budget responsibility of + or – $30mil range, annually.
- Ensures business operational responsibilities to support patient care in the Operating Room, Cath Lab, IR, with all consignment and networked owned physician preference item (PPI) implants.
- May include some responsibility related to ordering, identifying lowest inventory levels and establishing and maintaining par levels for all consigned and owned implant inventories
- Manages and coordinates the distribution within the appropriate facilities based on procedure volumes. Rotates, identifies and targets inventoried implants that other Honor Health facilities can use to maximize usage based on procedural needs and surgeon preference.
- Responsible for reporting functional standards and management practices to the Directors of Supply Chain, as well as, the Vice President of Supply Chain. Accountable for the analytics and inventory strategies of owned par level inventory and consignment inventories. Collaborate with Operating Room, Cath Lab and IR teams to plan and implement activities to ensure correct volumes and lowest spend of inventoried implants. Supervises the OR and Cath Lab inventory replenishment activities. Manages department inventory budgets to industry benchmarks.
- Collaborates and works closely with the Value Analysis teams to support inventory reductions prior to and after product conversions.
- Works closely with Supply Chain Directors to support compliance issues and regulatory standards governed by hospital policies and procedures.
- Recruits and supervises assigned staff, supports department operations/procedures and completes employee evaluations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years’ work related experience Required
3 years healthcare supply chain operations (implant company or hospital based) and project based leadership (-knowledge of budgets and management of budgets.)
Successful completion of HonorHealth Fellowship program Required