ABOUT HORMEL FOODS — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™
Hormel Foods Corporation, based in Austin, Minn., is a global branded food company with over $9 billion in annual revenue across more than 80 countries worldwide. Its brands include Planters®, SKIPPY®, SPAM®, Hormel® Natural Choice®, Applegate®, Justin’s®, Wholly®, Hormel® Black Label®, Columbus® and more than 30 other beloved brands. The company is a member of the S&P 500 Index and the S&P 500 Dividend Aristocrats, was named on the “Global 2000 World’s Best Employers” list by Forbes magazine for three years, is one of Fortune magazine’s most admired companies, has appeared on Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “The 100 Best Corporate Citizens” list for 12 years, and has received numerous other awards and accolades for its corporate responsibility and community service efforts. The company lives by its purpose statement — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ — to bring some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands to tables across the globe. For more information, visit www.hormelfoods.com and http://csr.hormelfoods.com/.
Job Purpose: To gain real world experience and exposure to the technology aspects of a manufacturing industry. Associates work within a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Analysts.
Will be involved in one or more of the following activities:
· Data Structures and Models
· Data Pipelines and ELT
· Data Performance
· Visualizations and Dashboards
· Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or related field. 2.7 cumulative GPA or higher preferred.
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and persuasive skills are necessary for success in this position
- Possess strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
Location and Hours:
- Position is based out of our Corporate Office headquarters in Austin, Minnesota
- Position is full time
Comprehensive training will consist of an approximate two-month (self-paced), hands-on program where the incumbent completes a standard set of training modules, which provides an overview to each area of Information Technology Services
Seminars at our corporate headquarters in Austin, MN will include presentations by all of our different divisions to increase product knowledge, company knowledge, and leadership skills
Successful Associate Data Analysts will have the opportunity to advance to positions of greater responsibility within the department or in other technical/analytical functions
Hormel Foods’ “promote-from-within” philosophy rewards outstanding performance
Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, non-contributory pension, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, and more.