This internship position will work with the Category Development team on customer category assignments to develop category plans and strategies, which are consistent with marketing objectives, and customer needs. During the course of the internship, this individual will interact with individuals in a variety of job functions, including marketing, sales, retail operations, consumer insights, and syndicated data suppliers. These contacts may range from Hormel field and Hormel Corporate-based to retail customers. The intern will be exposed to a complex set of competitive issues and strategies around geographic markets, brands, categories, customers, management, negotiations, and marketing.
- As part of their assignment, the individual in this internship will assist the Category Development team in the following:
- Pulling and analyzing syndicated and customer POS data. Developing recommendations based on analysis of data from various sources, including internal Hormel data, retailer-specific POS/internal data, syndicated information (i.e. IRi, TDLinx, etc.) and Shopper Insights.
- This individual will provide assistance to the Category Development team to integrate category assessments for assigned categories/brands with the goal of improved category business results, including sales, distribution, profitability and brand share growth for the customer and Hormel Foods Corporation.
- Recommendation development may include new item distribution, distribution opportunities, shelf space management, merchandising strategies for various markets, and customer performance tracking.
- This individual may be asked to assist in the presentation of these recommendations to one or more Hormel retail customers.
- Must graduate in August 2022, December 2022, May 2023 and with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, persuasive, initiative, and communication skills are necessary for success in this position
- Possess knowledge of computers, syndicated data, space management tools, spreadsheets, databases, and category management tools
- Possess a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or any time in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- Must be comfortable with the preparation and consumption of meat products; more specifically, pork, beef, and chicken
Location and Hours:
- Austin, MN
- Position is full-time – 40 hours per week beginning late May and ending mid-August
- Competitive salary
- Paid housing
- Reimbursement of all expenses incurred on the job
Application Instructions: Please visit http://www.hormelfoods.com/careers to apply online.