Financial and Valuation Advisory
Over the past 40 years, Houlihan Lokey has established one of the largest worldwide financial and valuation advisory practices. Our transaction expertise, leadership in the field of valuation, and objective approach to independent due diligence advice inspire confidence in the financial executives, boards of directors, special committees, retained counsel, investors, and business owners we serve. In 2020, Refinitiv (formerly known as Thomson Reuters) ranked us the No. 1 U.S. M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years. Our stability, integrity, technical leadership, and global capabilities make us a trusted advisor for clients worldwide, across a wide range of services, including the Transaction Opinions, Transaction Advisory Services, Corporate Valuation Advisory Services, Portfolio Valuation and Fund Advisory Services, Real Estate Valuation and Advisory Services, and Dispute Resolution Consulting practices.
Transaction Advisory Services
Houlihan Lokey’s Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) practice assists private equity and corporate clients with financial, IT and tax due diligence, business analytics and technical accounting matters associated with corporate mergers, divestitures and acquisitions (M&A). Drawing on Houlihan Lokey’s market leadership in middle-market M&A transactions, our due diligence experts provide candid, unbiased, and rigorous support on matters most impacting deal value, and assist investors in identifying and evaluating key value drivers and risk factors.
TAS is seeking talented professionals to join our fast-growing Digital Value Creation group (DVC) at the Analyst and Associate level. DVC provides our clients value-creating insights from vast market, operational, and financial data.
DVC professionals will work closely with our due diligence and valuation experts and investment banking teams. As a professional in the group, you will be teamed with highly talented and dedicated M&A professionals in various industry groups including Industrials, Healthcare, Technology-Media-Telecom (TMT), Business Services, Financial Institutions Group (FIG) and Energy. This opportunity provides you broad exposure to different transactional issues affecting businesses in an M&A environment.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a data science, financial engineering, industrial engineering, operations research, management science or computer science background to revolutionize data science applications in M&A. DVC will provide you ample exposure to the broader corporate finance industry and capital markets. You will further develop and extend your data science and business analytics knowledge, and hone your interpersonal skills as you deliver the insights to internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in buy-side and sell-side M&A diligence engagements and separate data-focused engagements
- Communicate directly with senior business executives and internal stakeholders
- Gather, evaluate, sanitize, and organize applicable meta data
- Prepare data workflows to clean and combine data from multiple sources
- Prepare data visualizations and dashboards to deliver key insights
- Generate insights on the drivers of business growth, profitability, and liquidity
- Identify the key business risks and opportunities impacting business valuation
- Be willing to learn and train peers in the advisory practice on data analysis and visualization tools
- Continuously develop industry knowledge and qualifications
- Able to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Support and actively participate in business development efforts
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in data science, industrial and systems engineering, operations research, management science, business and finance (with concentration in data analytics), computer science, or similar.
- Strong command of at least one object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Java, C++)
- Prior coursework or work experience in relational database management systems (including coursework or experience in SQLServer, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle Database or similar)
- COVID vaccination required, subject to applicable state and federal law
- Experience or educational background in business with an aptitude toward solving business problems
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in, or a working knowledge of
- Tableau or Power BI and either Alteryx or Tableau Prep
- Cloud-based data analytics toolsets, including AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory, and Google Cloud Dataflow
- Cloud-based data warehouse systems, such as AWS Redshift, Snowflake, or Delta Lake.
- Usage of Python or R in data analytics.
- statistical modeling, machine learning, or AI
- ERP software (SAP, Oracle etc.)
- Exceptional work ethic, high motivation, and a demonstrated ability and desire to work cooperatively with team members and client professionals
- Strong analytical abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong academic performance, professional achievement, and client service excellence (as applicable)
- A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and be a team player
- Ability and desired willingness to travel when required
- Work experience
- Associate: three to six years professional experience
- Analyst: Professional experience up to two years will be a plus but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.