At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Start and end dates for this Internship are during Summer 2022 (3 months) at IBM Research. At IBM Research we’re relentlessly curious about all the ways computing can change the world. We’re scientists, technologists, designers, and thinkers inventing what’s next and we’re currently obsessed with advancing the state of the art in AI, hybrid cloud, and quantum computing. The confluence of the technologies we’re building represent a step change in computing that will surpass anything we’ve seen before. Together, they can exponentially alter the speed and scale at which we can uncover solutions to complex problems.
IBM Research is looking for a summer intern to work with our brand strategy and content team. This team’s mission is to captivate and engage technical audiences through beautiful, technically rich content and experiences that capture and prove how IBM Research is inventing what’s next in science and technology. The content we create spans every facet of the Research footprint, including web, video, social media materials, print, presentations and events.
In a summer intern we’re seeking someone who is an excellent writer, communicator and creative thinker. You are excited to develop a keen understanding of our brand and the work happening both inside of IBM Research and across the competitive landscapes of hybrid cloud, AI, quantum, and science. You work well with a wide range of scientific, technical, business development, marketing, design and communications professionals.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
• Organizing previously produced content and B-roll into a searchable content library
• Assisting in the planning, execution and coordination of content production and events
• Collaborating with a team of writers, film makers, designers, event producers, brand strategists, communications professionals and subject matter experts to carry out a range of projects across video, narratives, social media and events
• Copy writing for web, blog, and social media
Candidates must be willing to work in Yorktown Heights, NY, or Cambridge, MA.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, film, communications, English, computer science or a related field with an expected graduation date of either December 2022 or Spring/Summer 2023. We will request to see a writing sample or portfolio of related school work.
• Interest in computer science, physical sciences, or technological research.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a high performing, very collaborative team.
• Strong project management skills with a commitment to be highly organized and determination to meet deadlines.
• Curious, creative and detail oriented with a passion for new technologies and new ways of working.
• Adobe Creative Suite and video editing skills a plus.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Proficiency with Google Analytics or similar website analytics tool
• Proficiency with BrightEdge or similar SEO/content insights tool
• Knowledgeable on database design and proficiency with retrieving data using SQL
• Proficiency with Tableau or similar data visualization tool