As an IBM Security Consultant, you will lead to secure the world by translating security requirements into the design and deployment of IBM Security Solutions in an agile world. The success of IBM and our customers is in your hands as you transform vital security needs into policies and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its customers to securely operate in a hostile world. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s leading security experts.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Security X-Force Incident Response team is seeking a standout rising intern candidate to join their team this summer. Candidates should have a passion for the field of computer security and a strong desire to assist the team in responding to data breaches.
Every day, the world becomes exponentially more interconnected, digitized and data-aware. The world is getting smarter, triggering unprecedented change. Yesterday’s business models no longer equip organizations to capitalize on this change.
At IBM Security Services we partner with Fortune 1000 clients to deliver real business value by:
- Bringing together the world’s largest consulting practice with industry-leading research capability.
- Enriching business consulting with advanced research, analytics and technology.
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to plan, build, and implement advanced business solutions.
- Establishing new, flexible and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experience and capabilities.
- Applying IBM’s global expertise and local capabilities through our unique global delivery network combined with our teams in over 170 countries.
- Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions.
What do we look for in a successful Security Services Consultant Intern?
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability, with willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility.
- Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus despite conflicting demands.
- Drive to overcome the most challenging or difficult obstacles and look for ways to improve results.
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions.
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner.
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
For more information about IBM Security, please visit http://www-03.ibm.com/security/
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge of computer operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS)
- Basic knowledge of computer networking protocols
- Fundamental understanding of computer security concepts
- Moderate programming skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of forensic analysis, memory analysis, and/or malware analysis
- Previous intern or co-op experience in management consulting or security related field
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
US Citizenship required.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.