As a Package Consultant at IBM, get ready to tackle numerous mission-critical company directives. Our team takes on the challenge of designing, developing and re-engineering highly complex application components and integrating software packages using various tools. You will use a mix of consultative skills, business knowledge, and technical expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into our clients’ business environment and achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is a global cognitive and cloud company changing the way the world works. We foster a culture of creative innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world. Our consultants are part of IBM Services where we engage with clients across every industry to delivery technology-driven solutions. We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, global team of people who want to pioneer, reimagine, and disrupt the future. We’re driven to stay ahead in the marketplace and enhance our relevance to be essential to our clients, and this begins with our talent.
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning and is dedicated to staying ahead and being essential for clients, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash you potential, IBM Services is for you.
As an Associate, you’ll be part of client-facing teams as a consultant, developer, designer, data scientist, or technical specialist to help businesses change the way they work.
Our clients’ technical and business needs are constantly evolving. We’re hiring inspired, talented individuals eager to apply their knowledge and perspective to challenging work that evolves industries and our world. We prioritize ongoing learning, development of technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and apprenticeship.
Job Role Description: Associate Package Consultant
Calling on technical thinkers to help us assist clients in the selection, implementation, and production support of application packaged solutions. You’ll use in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge, and packaged solution expertise to effectively integrate packaged technology into the clients’ business environment in order to achieve client expected business results. You’ll be trained to become an expert in packages for existing and new applications- such as SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Workday, or SharePoint solution suite and be well versed to speak with clients and make strategic recommendations.
Work you could do as an Associate Package Consultant:
- Assist clients in selection, implementation, and support of packages
- Get client-facing experience and industry knowledge
- Leverage business knowledge to drive solutions for clients and their management
About the CIC
- The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center (aka: we work in a traditional IBM Agile office setting)
- Some travel is expected, and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the U.S. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday through Friday). You will be expected to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- You must live in, or be willing to locate to, LOUISIANA. The work location is 100 North St, Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position.
- Our motto: Right Time, Right Place, Change the World
- Check us out on YouTube: http://ibm.biz/BatonRougeCIC
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: Helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: Navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
IBM Corporate Citizenship
IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic understanding of SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, Workday, and/or SharePoint (Configurations, Implementations, etc)
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing, technology based consulting environment
- Ability to translate business solutions into technical requirements
- Passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Openness to assist clients in the design, business architect, process development, functional implementation, and support of applications
Must be available to being full-time work between January and June 2021
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 1 year of exposure to SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, Workday, and/or SharePoint (Configurations, Implementations, etc)
- Knowledge of Enterprise Applications (EA) Implementation Methodology (ASAP, ACTIVATE), Development Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall) and Implementation Tools (Solution Manager, Worksoft, EnableNow, etc)
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.