At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.IBM Expert Labs is growing! We help our clients plan, prove, adopt, and scale IBM technologies to achieve business results.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Cloud Consultants are important and key players for our clients. You’ll be their guide to developing an understanding of their processes, goals, and objectives to define their future state, then help them get there.
You’ll help clients understand leading technologies and the impact they can have on traditional business processes. You’ll have an opportunity to build a powerful portfolio of interesting and rewarding experiences, taking advantage of opportunities to master new skills, learning about and becoming an expert in our client’s industries, and tackle new challenges.
Work you could do as an Cloud Consultant:
IBM provides a variety of solutions to clients and our specialized teams serve these needs. As a result, the specific work and technologies vary by the team you may be joining.
Below is a list of the types of work Cloud Consultants do:
- Assist with Cloud migration and system application implementation or upgrades
- Run or support workshops, meetings and stakeholder interviews.
- Document requirements from the product owner/business lead.
- Develop process maps to understand As-Is and To-Be scenarios.
- Translate client requirements into analytical specifications for the implementation of the IBM solution.
- Define current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions) and works with client using an agreed methodology to ensure proper translation of business requirements to solution requirements.
- Project business value of a solution in client-relevant terms and drive adoption of key performance indicator (KPI) impact with key client stakeholders.
- Develop communications tailored to specific audiences.
- Work in an Agile, collaborative environments.
- Use IBM’s Design Thinking to help solve client’s challenges.
- Analyze data to support conclusions and strategies, and design organization
Who you are:
- You have strong communication skills, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs.
- You thrive in constructive and collaborative work environment, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines.
- You have the ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner.
- You can grasp new concepts, acquire new ways of seeing things, and apply a creative and logical approach to identify solutions.
- You understand the value of innovation and ability to develop new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.
- You are flexible, agile, and resilient
These are office based positions in IBM locations including the following. Opportunities in these locations will vary based on demand & will be deleted as filled:
San Jose – CA, Cambridge or Lowell – MA, Raleigh / Durham – NC, New York – NY
Computer Science, Information Systems Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer
Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic understanding of Hybrid Cloud Strategies (IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Can work on multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines, while maintaining focus in an environment with conflicting demands.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively in an intense team environment, able to build direct working relationships across all levels of the IBM and client teams.
- Basic understanding of Networks and DevOps
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic SQL, Db2 or comparable database skills
- Data analysis skills
- Basic understanding of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to adapt, with willingness to readily take ownership of tasks and problems, which often extend beyond initial scope of responsibility.
- Previous internship or co-op work experience in corporate setting with demonstrated track record.