At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.This position currently sits within Global Technology Services (GTS) Infrastructure Services (IS) or a shared services function supporting GTS.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what’s next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Columbia, Missouri delivery service center provides maintenance, support and monitoring of Network hardware and systems to IBM’s business clients around the world. As a Cloud Network Services Specialist you will primarily support US Strategic outsourcing clients, providing Cloud network systems operations, security services, and end user services, including maintenance and support of Cloud platforms such as AWS, IBM, Google and Azure networks and software systems. IBM’s Network Services Team is focused on increasing delivery quality and brings together all IBM worldwide service delivery capabilities for Strategic Outsourcing. This position is located onsite in Columbia, MO (candidates must either be in/near Columbia or be willing to self-relocate to the area).
As a member of the Network Services Team, candidate will be responsible for the Management of Network equipment including virtualized Cloud Network environment , Routers, Switches, Wi-fi, Load Balancers, and Firewalls. Candidate must also possess demonstrated skills with Level-2 and Level-3 support, Communications skills (written and verbal), customer facing, problem determination skills, and can work well with a group of peers. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays required.
Primary skills required:
Support problem and change tickets for Network systems support work involving problem determination and implementation of changes to network devices.
The work consists of:
• Knowledge of network configuration for virtual and Cloud platforms such as IBM, AWS, Azure and Google cloud.
• Experience with layer – 1/layer – 2 deployment and troubleshooting of electrical and optical Ethernet links
• Experience with layer – 3 deployment and troubleshooting
• Understanding how to deploy networks with resiliency in Cloud environment.
• BGP/ OSPF Design, configuration, and maintenance
• Firewall configuration and administration
• Perform extended problem determination/resolution
• Change execution
• Perform Security Health Checks
• Perform vulnerability assessment based on product advisories
• Manage 3rd party vendor maintenance activities in support of Network Operations
• Vendor co-ordination of WAN/LAN related issues
• Maintain device inventory in consultation with Account Management Team.
• Good network documentation skills using tools such as Visio.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- High School Diploma/GED
- CCNA Certification or comparable experiences.
- At least 1 year of experience in Network management such as: switches, routers, wi-fi, load balancers, and firewalls
- At least 1 year of experience in one or more of the following: installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning and configuring relevant Cloud technologies
- Ability to work nights, weekend, and holidays
- Basic knowledge in Network fundamentals, Routing, Switching, Wireless, WAN/LAN, and Cloud Technologies
- English: Fluent
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
• CCNP Certification
• Cloud Certification – Google, AWS, or Azure
• At least 3 year’s experience in Network management such as: switches, routers, wi-fi, and load balancers.
• At least 3 year’s experience in one or more of the following: installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning and configuring relevant Cloud technologies.
• Ability to perform advanced problem determination / resolution