IBM is a global cognitive and cloud company changing the way the world works. We foster a culture of creative, innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world. Our consultants are part of IBM Consulting where we engage with clients across every industry to deliver technology-driven solutions. We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, global team of people who want to pioneer, reimagine and disrupt the future.
Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network and jumpstart their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash your potential, IBM Consulting is for you.
As an intern with IBM Consulting, you’ll be part of an IBM North America intern community and experience with opportunities to meet other interns and IBMers during networking events, special events and career development activities. You’ll have a mentor to help you explore what a future at IBM could look like. For your day-to-day experience, you’ll be aligned to a consulting project or initiative and see first-hand how we help businesses change the way they work. You’ll learn how we focus on our clients’ technical and business needs to co-create solutions that improve their businesses. At IBM, we prioritize ongoing learning, development of technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and mentorship – you’ll get exposure to all that and more as an intern.
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
AVAILABLE INTERNSHIP LOCATIONS ARE WASHINGTON, DC OR HAMPTON, VA
Your Role and Responsibilities
- During your 10-12 week summer internship, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to: Join our IBM North America intern community and meet other IBMers during networking events, special team events and career development activities.
- Meet with a mentor to help envision what your future at IBM could look like.
- Participate on a consulting project or initiative and experience first-hand how we help transform their business and stay competitive in the marketplace.
- Learn how we focus on our clients’ technical and business needs to co-create solutions that add value.
- Work on a high-performing team to collaboratively deliver for clients. Depending on the project, you’ll have the opportunity to develop an understanding of our client’s future state goals and processes, then define the steps needed and leading technologies to help turn their goals into reality.
- Learn about a client’s industry, tackle new challenges, and learn about how their business and technology intersect.
At IBM, we prioritize ongoing learning, development of technical and core skills, and investing in your personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and mentorship – you’ll get exposure to all that and more as an intern.
Work you could do as a Consultant Intern:
Since IBM provides a variety of consulting services to our clients, the specific work and technologies you’ll learn will vary depending on your assigned team. As a Consultant intern, you may:
- Capture business/technical requirements and translate them into specifications for implementing IBM solutions.
- Develop process maps as input into defining a client’s As-Is and To-Be scenarios
- Discover current and future operational scenarios (processes, models, use cases, plans and solutions) and work with a client using an agreed methodology to ensure proper translation of business requirements to solution requirements
- Communicate the business value of a solution in client-relevant terms and drive adoption of key performance indicator (KPI) impact with key client stakeholders
- Support IBM/client workshops, meetings and stakeholder interviews
- Assist with Cloud migration and system application implementation or upgrades (such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Workday, and Salesforce)
- Draft and send communications tailored to specific audiences
- Work in an agile, collaborative environment on a cross-functional team
- Learn and apply IBM’s Enterprise Design Thinking to help solve client’s challenges
- Analyze data to support conclusions and strategies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Track record of academic success.
- Highly motivated with a strong growth mindset – take the initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities, including the capability to take ambiguous information and deliver creative and well-structured insights.
- Powerful communication skills, successfully uses verbal and written communications to expose and defend points of view to IBM leaders, teams, and clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively in an intense team environment, while building direct working relationships across IBM and client teams.
- Ability to identify client challenges and opportunities and apply a creative and logical approach to identify solutions.
- Demonstrate strong quantitative analysis skills and can derive recommendations informed by data and insights.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Currently in pursuit of BA/BS in following majors:
- Economics, Business, Data Science, Engineering or another STEM field, Business Administration / Management, Finance, Marketing, Economics, International Business, Industrial Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Mathematic/Statistics