The Ingredion Global Trade Compliance team is looking for highly motivated and dynamic college student to join the organization for an internship for the summer of 2022. As a Global Trade Compliance Intern, you will have the opportunity to work and collaborate with experts in the global trade arena understanding and supporting the automation of compliance with US and Canadian Customs / Government Agencies. You will interact with product specialist / manufacturing engineers, finance, customer service, logistics & quality assurance staff as well as Ingredion compliance specialists from other countries. This exciting opportunity will take you through everyday challenges to drive clearing of goods for all cross-border transactions utilizing automation tools at your disposal. You will gain understanding of international policies, regulations and laws that affect foreign trade and appreciate the need to comply with all applicable regulations.
Our Trade Compliance internship program will require you to support various projects and initiatives, all while working with Ingredion Trade professionals from North American countries.
As a Global Supply Trade Compliance Intern, your responsibilities include:
- OneSource Trade Automation:
- Clearing daily validation holds pending within the Import/export modules including establishing internal/external performance metrics.
- Perform entry verification audits including establishing internal/external performance metrics.
- Free Trade Agreement assessment audits
- Initiative to evaluate cost impact when declaring freight as value for duty
- Initiative to evaluate supply chain security profiles across multiple government programs
- Support team inbox inquiries to improve customer response KPIs.
- Planning, supporting, and developing continuous improvement initiatives
- Display excellent interpersonal skills and ability to function well in a team and as an independent contributor
The Trade Compliance Intern position is well suited for you if you:
- Become quickly averse to basic US (19 Code of Federal Regulations) and Canadian (CBSA) customs requirements for transport of regulated goods.
- Basic chemistry knowledge to assist in understanding of Ingredion products during the classification of goods.
- Have a strong initiative to improve status-quo and pursue change in a dynamic work environment
- Are a self-starter with the ability to be productive independently and support multiple projects simultaneously
- Can demonstrate capacity to tackle problems through creative, innovative solutions, and challenge traditional methods to accomplish tasks
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Logistics, Finance or related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 preferred
- Successfully completed a college level chemistry course
- Ability to work 40 hours per week during the summer internship term
- Strong business insight and data oriented mindset
- Able to listen to and implement feedback from team members and leadership
- Desire to learn how to manage data within Access, SAP/BW, SQL, or similar database systems
- Superb attention to detail with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools (i.e. Excel, Power BI, and Access) preferred
- Reliable transportation required to travel to and from facility each work day
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at www.ingredion.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.