We are seeking a highly motivated student to join Ingredion as an Internal Audit Intern. In this role, you will assist with data analytics and internal audit procedures relating to operational, financial, compliance, and integrated audits. You will be an important resource for the global Internal Audit department, and we believe that this internship will give you the opportunity to apply academic experience with a tailored learning path and corporate experience to drive your career development. We are looking for someone who has a strong initiative to improve status-quo and incorporate change in a dynamic work environment.
As an Internal Audit Intern, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing data analysis and mining support (for pattern, discrepancy, & anomaly identification) to internal audit and business partners (across Finance, Manufacturing, Procurement, Supply Chain, Legal, etc.)
- Assisting with analyzing data to highlight trends, risks, and opportunities to improve internal controls over financial reporting
- Developing and the delivery of ad hoc and standard dashboards / data visualizations
- Creating analytics processes to support compliance reviews of business objectives & strategies
- Exposure to enterprise systems including SAP & Concur
- Under the supervision of a Manager, Senior, or experienced Staff, understanding and assisting with audit procedures, including performing audit techniques, documenting business processes and procedures, analyzing evidence, identifying issues, and compiling audit work papers
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of accounting and management controls to ensure that valid, properly authorized transactions are completely and accurately processed
- Determining compliance with Company policies, standards, procedures, and applicable statutes and government regulations
The Internal Audit Intern position is well suited for you if you are:
- Passionate for impactful work, with a broad encompassing vision for creative problem solving
- Professional, with detailed precision and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and curious to learn about our business and root causes for issues and trends/outliers in underlying data
- Passionate about forming relationships and being a phenomenal teammate
- Comfortable with communication and can engage with others, ask questions and openly share ideas
- Focused in career areas of auditing, data analysis, IT audit, compliance, accounting and/or finance
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar with a minimum GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 preferred
- Ability to work 40hrs per week during the summer internship term
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft application suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Proven experience or coursework in data visualizations tools, such as Power BI or Tableau is preferred
- Excellent proven written and verbal communications skills to interact with all levels of management
- Strong orientation to detail, good organization skills and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Strong work ethic and the desire for continuous self-improvement, and ability to explore new approaches and technologies in a dynamic group
- Reliable transportation required to travel to and from facility each work day
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at www.ingredion.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.