Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for SoC (System on a Chip) development. Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation. Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation. Performs Logic design for integration of cell libraries, functional units and subsystems into SoC full chip designs, Register Transfer Level coding, and simulation for SoCs. Contributes to the development of multidimensional designs involving the layout of complex integrated circuits. Performs all aspects of the SoC design flow from highlevel design to synthesis, place and route, timing and power to create a design database that is ready for manufacturing. Analyzes equipment to establish operation infrastructure, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results. May also review vendor capability to support development.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates
The candidate must have a Bachelors degree in Electrical Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 6 years of experience OR a Masters degree in Electrical Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 4 years of experience OR a PhD in Electrical Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 2 years of experience in the list below:
- T-Computing and shell scripting
- Foundry design kits and skill code
- Linux and Windows computer systems and networks for EDACAD and general applications EDACAD systems administration
- Writing Linux shell scripts and general programming eg Perl shell TCL and/or Python
- Compute server grid systems and server load balancing software
- EDA vendor tools from Synopsys Cadence Mentor etc
- Simulation verification regression and synthesis tools
- Automation and patch scripting including mentoring-training larger design team for continuous scaling and autochecks
Inside this Business Group
Xeon Performance Group (XPG) delivers custom server SoC design solutions to our data center customers. It is chartered to deliver data centric silicon that is high-performing, cost-effective, high-quality, and on schedule in way that increases market share and drives the best solutions for our customers.