- The charter of the Supply Chain and Manufacturing Decision Support (SMDS) Group is to build innovative decision-support solutions for the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Operations (MSO) group to help maintain Intel’s IDM advantage, leveraging our deep Operations Research, Advanced Analytics, and Software Architecture skills. Our solutions have been recognized over the years both internally as well as externally to Intel.
- We are looking for motivated, committed team members with good problem-solving, analysis, and communication skills. As a Software Development Engineer, you will be accountable for designing, developing, and maintaining our suite of decision support applications across manufacturing and supply chain domains.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Analyzing new and evolving business requirements and map them to technical requirements.
- Identifying data needed to model business requirements, develop data architecture to support the requirements.
- Identifying downstream and upstream data flows needed, build the interfaces to ingest data from upstream sources and present the data to downstream consumers.
- Developing data quality monitors to analyze incoming data to ensure data integrity across the application.
- Identifying user interface needs and design/develop them to meet user requirements.
- Monitoring application health and drive solutions to improve usability, performance, scalability, and supportability.
- Supporting and partnering with application users to explain results and resolve any data and system issues.
- This is an entry-level position and will be compensated accordingly. You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research, and relevant previous job and/or internship experience. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
- The candidate must possess at least one of the following 2 degrees; plus, the years of experience required for each degree in the areas specified below:
- 1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or closely related field with at least 1+ year working experience
- 2. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or closely related field with at least 6 months working experience covering below skills:
- Object-oriented design and programming using C Sharp, .NET Framework, and/or .NET Core
- Database management systems, specifically MS SQL Server
- Algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with other database management systems (in addition to MS SQL Server), big data principles and components, Agile/Dev Ops principles.