Jenny X Cai, CPA, PC is a growing public accounting firm that provides accounting and tax services to different types of small business clients and individuals for over 10 years. Our office is located in the east valley of Phoenix metro area. We have a motivated team of 2 partners, several staff accountants, accounting clerks and interns.
The candidate will be responsible for performing various accounting and tax services and practices for the small business clients and individuals. The position requires a candidate who must be skilled in all facets of accounting and taxation fields, and may require conducting research to have insight of accounting principles and to be able to make decisions to implement best accounting practices to the clients.
Duties to be performed:
· Prepare and analyze a variety of financial statements such as statements of income, statement of retained earnings, cash flow, and balance sheet, with required disclosures and notes, if necessary.
· Process payroll of multiple client companies and resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
· Assist clients to file quarterly payroll reports with IRS, AZDOR, and AZDES, and prepare work papers and required statements to support IRS or state tax requests.
· File and pay transaction privilege taxes for business clients and conduct sales and use tax research for clients who have multiple locations in different states.
· Advise corporate clients with tax and financial planning such as compensation, pension, employee health care benefits or long-term tax plans
· Prepare individual tax returns and consulate with individual clients with family or property short-term and long-term tax planning
· Prepare Corporate, Partnership, S-Corps, Trust, Estate and Gift Tax Returns, as well as, International Tax Forms (i.e. FBAR, Form 8903, 5471, FIRPTA, etc.)
· Research current tax regulation in compliance with IRS, AZDOR and some lending banks and resolve back taxes from IRS and/or AZDOR
· Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
· Prefer to have experiences in accounting related positions
· Prefer to have CPA license or in the process of obtaining CPA license
Knowledge and skills:
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), QuickBooks, EasyACCT and Drake
· Ability to follow and establish internal accounting process
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Attention to detail and accuracy with ability to work independently
Compensation and Benefits:
· The annual salary ranges from $52,000 to $68,000 depending on qualification and experiences
· Annual bonus based on performance
· Provides paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave
· Provides retirement contribution match
· Provides medical insurance plan