The Purchasing Analysts at Jinko evaluate suppliers’ proposals, costs, and quality, as well as oversee purchasing performance based on service and availability. Purchasing analysts strive to minimize expenses and increase company profitability, develop detailed purchasing reports, and recommend changes to the acquisitions processes as needed.
Purchasing Agent Job Duties:
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Purchasing Analyst Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Engineering or related majors
- Master’s degree or Six Sigma Greenbelt Preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Operations Management
- Experience with Vendor Management, Cost Negotiation, and Budgeting
- Understanding of Manufacturing Methods and Procedures,
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Quality or Quality Management
- Outstanding Communication and Presentation Skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Bilingual Skill Preferred: Mandarin Chinese & English