What You Will Do
The Supply Chain Development Program (#SCDP) is a 2-year program that develops recent college graduates into future leaders of Johnson Controls (JCI). During the 2-year commitment, individuals spend 6 months in each of 4 rotations in order to gain an overall understanding of the material control and procurement responsibilities within JCI as well as exposure to various business models and functions within the company. Rotations are located within the US, with expectations to relocate about every 6 months to obtain experience at corporate and within plants for Supplier Scheduling, Production Scheduling, Materials Requirement Planning, purchasing, and logistics. Employees are challenged to take on additional work outside of their day-to-day responsibilities to gain further knowledge and increase their network within the company. Additional training and development opportunities are consistently presented to the employee and the expectation is that all opportunities will be taken. The program is managed by a steering team of materials, procurement, and logistics leaders from within the company. At the end of the 2-year assignment, employees along with the steering team work to find employees their post-graduation role within the business typically as a PBU Buyer or Master Production Scheduler with the intent to move into higher level positions. #SCDP
How you will do it
- Data collection and analysis for on-time delivery, inventory accuracy, Inventory DOH and transportation execution as required.
- Reporting and tracking inventory or scheduling data, developing required analysis, and managing specific actions based on business requirements.
- Generate in a timely manner analysis to support decisions that generate efficiencies and simplification in scheduling and operations.
- Maintain effective working relationship and communication with all departments, takes advantage of networking opportunities.
- Production Scheduling / Materials Requirement Planning / Supplier Scheduling / JIRA Escalations & Resolution
- Manages daily support of production needs such as schedule attainment tracking, capacity constraints, scheduling analysis and cycle times to support business requirements related to production, inventory control, inventory planning, and scheduling.
- Supports Continuous Improvements analysis and projects from Materials department to ensure production schedule attainment improvements, customer delivery, and transportation execution are met while maximizing quality and minimizing inventory and/or costs.
- Develops analysis for improvements on process for Scheduling and interaction with Material Requirement Planning process and systems.
- Establish and manage databases or information with data integrity to develop analysis that enable inventory control, scheduling decisions, supplier performance, etc.
- Establishes and maintains specific reports to ensure that there is availability of materials to the Manufacturing floor and enable Operational efficiency.
- Manages daily support of material availability, and inventory analysis to support business requirements for interaction with suppliers.
- Manages effective relationships with suppliers at tactical level
- Learn the JCMS (Johnson Controls Manufacturing System) maturity model and support plant in meeting current level as well as achieving next.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain
- The ability to relocate across the U.S. for each assignment (4 rotations, 6 months each assignment)
- The rotational Programs starts June 2022; must have the ability to start then
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office software with strong excel skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision-making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Normal mechanical and analytical ability is a must with knowledge of statistical techniques and problem resolution.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.