At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We’re disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Procurement is strategically integrated in the Supply Chain as a key driver of business value – our organization’s vision is to “Partner to shape supplier solutions that transform healthcare.” Johnson & Johnson spends approximately $30B annually across the globe on goods and services. Our procurement professionals work as highly respected partners internally and externally to create and implement strategies and processes that support the business in bringing important health and personal care solutions to people around the world.
Procurement uses the supplier base as a source of innovation by developing closer and more collaborative relationships, and strongly supports sustainability and supplier diversity on behalf of Johnson & Johnson. These creative solutions are facilitated by Procurement through key capabilities, including deep supply market understanding; actionable insights and knowledge; and processes & technology management in order to ultimately accelerate growth & innovation, deliver value for our spend portfolio, and enhance reputation & manage risk. Johnson & Johnson Procurement considers people and talent with diverse perspectives as critical to achieving its vision.
The Procurement Leadership Development Program (PLDP) Internship is a 12-week program that encompasses functional & professional development, as well as completion of challenging project(s) that deals with strategic business initiatives. Interns will have a formal mentor and may participate in organized activities, including sector immersion events, leadership training and local community service projects to understand the company culture and career opportunities.
Examples of the types of roles and responsibilities the PLDP Intern might include (but are not limited to):
- Research and analytics for category strategy development
- Project Team Lead or Team Member for a major value initiative (ex: sourcing event)
- Development of best practices, processes and tool kits
- Operating Company-specific projects for developing and implementing strategies to drive significant value
Upon completion of a successful PLDP internship experience, interns will be considered for full-time positions in our Procurement Leadership Development Program. The PLDP is a 2 year, rotational leadership program for top MBA, MS, MA and JD hires, and includes both functional & leadership training, senior leader mentorship, global summits, numerous networking opportunities and culminates in a year-long “capstone” project in support of a key business challenge strategic to the procurement function. Decisions for the full-time program will be made based on internship performance and business need.
We welcome the opportunity to share how our small-company environments, combined with our big-company impact, can open the door to a world of career opportunities for you.
- Must be a matriculated student completing his/her MBA or Masters degree between December 2022 and July 2023.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Switzerland or Belgium and not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
- Have prior full time*, professional work and/or military experience: minimum of 60 months / 5 years or more. Full time is equivalent to working 40 hours or more weekly, on a continuous basis
- Relevant course work in Supply Chain Management, Operations, or Logistics is highly preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (both oral and written) – within all levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership abilities are essential.
- Strong project management, analytics, and problem-solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Requires the ability to think strategically and creatively, to thrive in ambiguity, and to deliver results.
- Requires strong analytical skills.
Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
#JNJMBA #JNJProcurement #JNJInternship