The Treasury and the Chief Investment Office (TCIO) within JPMorgan is responsible for firm wide asset and liability management for one of the world’s largest global financial institutions with a $2.5 trillion balance sheet, including more than $900 billion in loans and $1.4 trillion in deposits. Because it sits at the very center of the firm, TCIO directly influences the composition of the firm’s balance sheet as well the activities of the firm’s four main lines of business (LOBs): Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank, and Consumer & Community Banking.
The Corporate Treasury Middle Office (CTMO) is part of the TCIO organization and provides support for the Firm in regards to both liquidity and structural interest rate risk (SIRR) reporting. Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the operating model that supports the aggregation of data used in the Firm’s risk reporting process (i.e. balance sheet detail, forecasts, and assumptions). This includes the execution of key data integrity controls, reconciliations, adjustments, and analytics.
- Coordinating the production of several Firmwide, LOB, and Legal Entity level risk reports (i.e. 5G, LCR, Stress, EaR, DV01, EVS) by agreed upon deadlines. This involves working with contacts globally to quickly research and explain variances in key risk measures and to facilitate sign-off by senior risk stakeholders prior to report distribution internally and to regulators.
- Partnering with internal data source providers and risk stakeholders across all lines of business to complete data investigations and resolve data quality issues with the goal of improving the timeliness and accuracy of all risk reporting on a continual basis.
- Responding to internal or regulatory requests to complete ad hoc data analysis or produce custom reports as needed.
The team is comprised of ~100 people with locations in North America (Delaware, Jersey City, and NYC), Europe (London) and Asia (Hong Kong, India).
The Associate will be part of a small team responsible for managing CTMO’s intelligent automation (IA) book of work. The Associate will be expected to:
- Design and build simple and efficient solutions utilizing the Firm’s full IA toolset including Python, Alteryx, Xceptor, Tableau, and RPA in the most expedited and controlled way while ensuring compliance with Firm IA policies and change management standards.
- Wear many hats during the life cycle of an IA solution including project manager, business analyst and solution developer. This will also include working with the business users to understand their processes to ensure the solution meets the strategic needs of the business overall.
- Work with other IA teams across the firm and CTMO’s in house Technology team to leverage all ideas and best practices to ensure the most efficient solution is built and in the most expedited way. This includes the design of flexible solutions that can be recycled across the Firm to solve common business problems and that integrate efficiently into the existing business architecture.
- Document solutions so they can be easily understood and configured as needed by business process owners after development is completed.
- Monitor execution of all IA tools and produce associated analytics and MIS to be shared with leadership as part of recurring reviews.
The chosen candidate will have an opportunity to:
- Become an expert in data management and analysis while improving their technical and programming skills with analytical and intelligent automation tools utilized in the industry.
- Improve their understanding of asset and liability management principles for a large financial institution with a balance sheet in excess of 2.5 trillion.
- Develop a good understanding of the key risk measures used by a financial institution to manage interest rate risk and liquidity exposure.
- Stay connected to changes in the industry and the regulatory landscape as they apply to liquidity and interest rate risk.
- Interact with senior executives and external regulators on a frequent basis as part of ad hoc analysis requests.
- Degree in a Technological, Data Science or Finance related field and at least 3 years’ experience working in a financial oriented role.
- Strong technical skills with advanced proficiency in Python and SQL.
- > 2 years’ experience developing RPA solutions. Prior knowledge of Alteryx is a plus.
- Prior project management experience including planning and managing a project end to end.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, critical thinking, investigative problem-solving and decision making talents.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, multitask, and bring tasks to complete closure.
- Organized and able to execute responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to prepare executive level presentations.
- Ability to work across teams and drive initiatives forward.