Requisition ID: 114520
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Field Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building “the next big thing” from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make make a difference in our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right.
Kiewit’s Water Facilities South group is one of Kiewit’s leading water/wastewater districts specializing in constructing water treatment facilities, wastewater treatment facilities, and desalination plants. Although we are headquartered in Dallas TX, with regional offices in Miami FL and Atlanta GA, we also pursue various projects stretching across the country. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about infrastructure and committed to the construction industry as opposed to design. Because our people receive continuous and extensive training, hands-on experience and challenging responsibilities from the day they join our team, they quickly develop the expertise that has earned our district its reputation as the premier contractor in the southeast United States.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Field Operations: Interpret drawings and specifications for field crews and craft, prepare work plans and work packages, order and schedule material deliveries
• Office Engineering: Perform takeoffs from drawings, generating change orders reviewed by Project Manager, provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
• Estimating: Review and analyze data relative to the project, complete plans and specification reviews for projects, assist with the preparation of a bid
• Ability to travel and relocate as needed
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering, construction management or related degree
• Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail