ONLY APPLICATIONS ON KIEWIT CAREERS WILL BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION:
ENTRY LEVEL SOFTWARE ENGINEER – KIEWIT DATA SERVICES (2021)
Location: Remote, US
Requisition ID: 113059
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Information Technology
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
Would you like to apply your skills to build one of the most advanced applications in the construction and engineering industry? Would you like to help propel our team to new heights?
Kiewit Data Services has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer within our growing Transformation hub. This engineer will be responsible for developing full-stack software components, leveraging a combination of program languages and libraries to identify best solutions.
We are looking for someone who is sharp, personable, organized, who takes initiative, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, who can thrive in a multi-tasked, team environment, build relationships, and communicate effectively across the organization.
Kiewit Data Services’ (KDS) mission is to make Kiewit the premier data-driven organization in our industry. To accomplish this, our projects and districts need to have the right data, of the right quality, with the right level of analysis, available to them at the right time. KDS is a cross functional organization with employees that have expertise in data, technology, support and operations backgrounds. Our core functions are data Quality, Governance, Enablement, Analytics and Data Science.
This position is remote within the US.
- Analyze system requirements and prioritize tasks
- Collaborate cross-functionally with front-end and back-end software engineers to enhance end-to-end solutions
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, product operations, and business users to achieve business transformation
- Work with React and Flask frameworks
- Learn and be involved in advanced software architecture patterns and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Experience with SQL and working with relational databases
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner
- Conceptual understanding of software development process
- Understands testing best practices