Mass Electric Transportation, a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation, is looking for field/office engineer interns! Mass Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of Kiewit Corporation, based in Irving, TX with projects stretched across all of North America. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Mass Electric Construction Co. is a subsidiary of the Kiewit Corporation. Since our founding in 1928 in Boston, Massachusetts, Mass. Electric Construction’s philosophy has been to pursue electrical projects that require a higher level of technical and logistical skill. MEC-Transportation has a 55-year tradition of outstanding performance on some of the nation’s most high-profile transportation projects. To date, we have completed over $3 billion in transportation projects nationwide. With our skilled and dedicated personnel, combined with cutting-edge installation methods and project controls, MEC is setting new standards across every aspect of the market.
• Signal systems
• Overhead contact systems
• Traction power and communication systems
• And more…
We have projects all across the United States, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Current work is located in Dallas, Los Angeles, Seattle, Washington DC, and other major metropolitan areas. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date.
As a Field Engineer Transit Systems Intern you’ll be introduced to a variety of office and field activities as well as estimating in order to develop your understanding of construction. You’ll work with:
• Shop drawings
• Take offs
• Pay requests
• Contract changes
• Project documentation
This position will typically report into a Field Engineer or Project Engineer. You will also have responsibility for working with crews and other office personnel. You will have a role on the front-lines of the most important projects we build.
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in construction management, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related degree.
• Strong work ethic — willing to do what it takes to get the job done. This position will require more than 40 hours/week.
• Ability to travel and relocate as business requires
• Experience with leadership in some capacity
• Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.