Location: Englewood, CO, US
Requisition ID: 127159
Job Level: Internship
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
Are you interested in a hands-on real-world learning experience directly related to the skills needed in a full-time construction career? In this internship, you will have the opportunity to develop, participate and learn key roles and functions within mechanical engineering.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering’s Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs, and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process lead to safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that exceed client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of Lone Tree Colorado.
- Field engineering, operation planning, cost control, project scheduling, quantity tracking, material procurement, contract administration, estimating & supervision of field activities
- Performing engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and handling minor problems of a technical nature arising during construction
- Maintaining records as required regarding job progress, costs, material usage, etc.
- Planning and scheduling of job and/or job segments
- Investigating problems and/or reported incidents; identifying and recommending solutions/alternatives as appropriate
- Reviewing plans and specifications to determine material requirements (quantities and qualities), pricing of materials, etc.
- Working with suppliers as required facilitating the handling and expediting delivery of materials
- Ability to travel or relocate as needed
- Ability to work full-time during the summer (approximately May-August)
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering, construction management or related
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willingness to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Other common names for this role: Office Engineer Intern, Office Intern, Field Intern
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.