Job Title: Senior Manager, Supply Chain Management
Job Code: CS20212507-66086
Job Location: Rochester, NY
This position will be responsible for managing a team of procurement professionals responsible for all metalwork, castings and assemblies required for products build in JROC global operations.
- Attract, hire, develop, and lead a high performing team of Supply Chain professionals that are responsible for direct material procurement including supplier selection and development, negotiations, risk management, continuity of supply, and supplier relationship management.
- Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks and find creative ways to overcome obstacles to maximize the achievement of business goals.
- Identify and develop a roadmap to drive proactive development of unbiased value chain risk management recommendations which allow segment to effectively prioritize end-to-end investments.
- Assess supplier and platform risks and develop the appropriate contingency plans. Monitor risk mitigation activity and keep management informed. Actively support initiatives to bring risk insights into the overall decision-making process.
- Partner with team members on subcontract negotiations and develop negotiation strategy (approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions) through to closure.
- Highlight and drive opportunities for significant operational improvements and drive high impact initiatives with measurable results.
- Partner with strategic suppliers and Engineering to identify key technologies and materials to enhance innovation and our competitive advantage.
- Utilize SRM tools and provide sourcing leadership for the identification and execution of supplier productivity initiatives for key suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 12 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Engineering or technical background
- ERP Business Systems and Agile (configuration mgmt.) experience
- Project management experience
- Supplier or Customer service interactions (internal or external)
- Excels in a team environment – developing relationships and sharing knowledge