Are you interested in Pathology Research? Histology? Necropsy? Do you have dissection experience? We are seeking talented science majors in the fields of Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology, Botany, Chemistry and similar majors to work as a Study Technician (Research Assistant) in Madison, WI.
In this role, you will perform basic necropsy or histology tasks on a variety of laboratory animals in compliance with the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and regulatory guidelines.
Sign-on Bonus: $4,000* ($2,000 upon hire and $2,000 after 6 months)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic duties of necropsy and histology
- Trim wet tissues
- Embed tissues into paraffin
- Tissue staining techniques
- Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary
Labcorp Drug Development’s work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work and help improve patients’ lives while growing your career.
How you will be rewarded
- Pay rate: $19 per hour
- Sign-on Bonus: $4,000* ($2,000 upon hire and $2,000 after 6 months)
- Work primarily 1st shift, with some overtime
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: two educational assistance programs and paid holidays
You’ll have access to growth opportunities empowering your career journey with
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities
- Personalized development planning
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths
*Applies to candidates that start before January 31, 2022