Are you interested in Reagent Preparation? Wet Chemistry? Formulations?
We are seeking talented science majors in the fields of Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology, Botany, Chemistry and similar majors to work as a Study Technician (Research Assistant) in Madison, WI.
We are offering a sign-on bonus of $3,000 ($1,500 upon hire and $1,500 after 6 months).
Labcorp Drug Development’s work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work and help improve patients’ lives while growing your career.
In this role, you will apply your experience and knowledge and learn how to review and interpret study protocol for test material formulation procedures to improve lives and bring new medicines to market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learns how to review and interpret study protocol for test material formulation procedures and to ensure that a study tasks are conducted according with protocol, SOPs, and GLPs
- Learns to collect and record applicable hand and computer generated data in accordance with protocol, SOPs, and GLPs
- Learns how to perform study calculations and specific techniques for test material formulation
- Learns study set up and management, data organization, QA audit response, internal and external client communication skills, and quality check procedures
- Learns to serve as a lead tech; serves the role of secondary tech
- Learns to use laboratory equipment appropriate for assigned tasks
- Learns to prepare laboratory reagents, vehicles, diets, solution/suspensions, and capsules according to study protocols and SOPs
- Learns the process of disposition of samples from prepared dose materials by Covance or sponsor
- Learns the process of formulation verification and storage of prepared test materials
- Learns procedures for safe handling of test materials
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Learns to recognize deviations from normal results and informs Study Director, Principal Investigator, Formulations Coordinator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data
- Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary
- Learns to plan assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedules multiple assignments
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members
- Supports process improvement initiatives