L & S is looking for an Entry Level Manual Machinist at our Wausau location for 1st shift. We are seeking a self-motivated professional that has excellent problem-solving and communication skills and is a team leader able to work with minimal supervision. WILLING TO TRAIN.
Duties will include the set-up and operation of manual lathe and milling machine operations for the repair of industrial electrical apparatus. All operations need considerable skill to maintain a high degree of accuracy on multiple and related dimensions, including bearing journal and bearing housings.
- Performs all machining required on electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Provides detailed drawings.
- Responsible to know, understand, and use correct: quality standards, documentation, repair techniques, and job products/materials.
- Supervises training being conducted in the shop.
- Assists supervisor in determining the best way to properly machine products.
- Promotes a strong safety culture and good company image.
- Conduct daily/weekly maintenance inspections for equipment and record.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures including quality (ISO 9001), safety, and environmental.
- Has knowledge and skills to use all machine shop equipment.
- Instructs lower crafts personnel.
- Assist other shop departments with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager.
- Able to be on-call rotation for weekend work.
- Able to work overtime as designated by supervisor, by job requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-year Associates Degree in machine tooling techniques or equivalent experience in machining.
- Previous experience operating manual lathes, including facing, boring, drilling, single point threading, and grooving.
- Math including basic calculator functions as related to machining.
- Must be able to read and understand job cards and descriptions of work to be carried out.
- Calibrate, record calibration, and operate precision measurement equipment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Welding experience.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- Able to stand on cement floors for up to 10 hours.
- Frequent lifting, pushing and pulling of heavy objects with the assistants of an overhead crane.
- Uneven or slippery walking surfaces.
- Able to wear proper PPE (i.e. hearing protection, safety glasses, hard hat, etc.).
About L & S Electric, Inc.
We are a 3rd generation, family-run company focused on delivering results to customers who produce power or use it to drive their business. Our roots date back to the 1950’s in a small electric motor repair shop in Central Wisconsin.
Today, the services and products we provide at L&S have become substantially more diverse compared to our humble beginnings. L&S repair facilities service over 10,000 pieces of equipment each year in industries ranging from industrial customers to power producers to transportation, and everything in between.
At L&S, we proactively support our customer’s equipment through predictive and preventative maintenance. Our power service team stretches across the US and services and maintains our customer’s critical power distribution equipment. We are one of the US’s largest distributors of electric motors, drives and power distribution, and related equipment. And our Power Control Solutions team designs and manufactures integrated solutions for power producers worldwide.
Although we have grown, our focus has not changed. We are driven to have a team that is passionate about providing quality products and services to our customers, with legendary service.
Learn More About L&S:
All offers for employment are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. L&S will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state, and Federal law.
L & S Electric, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.