Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
As a Finance Intern within our FP&A Organization, you will be a part of an accelerated learning experience, to challenge skills learned in the classroom and develop new skills while working on active Lumen work projects. In addition to this, Interns will have the potential to experience partnering with cross functional teams to develop financial models, generate program forecasts, create and maintain PowerBI reporting, and produce presentations for senior level leadership. Interns will also work with The FP&A team and in partnership with the SP&T VRO (Value Realization Office) to continue efforts around creating/maintaining financial transparency, governance and ongoing improvements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Building and modifying financial models for current and potential Lumen investments.
- Work effectively on a team to develop effective solutions for the business.
- Create new insights that will drive business growth and profitability in the short and long term.
- Data analysis utilizing PowerBI Reporting.
- Analysis of Costs and Benefits in both existing and current cases.
- Presentations to peer groups and leaders summarizing findings.
- Pursing a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science or relevant degree.
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – June 2023.
- 3.0 or above cumulative GPA preferred
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
- Capable of multi-tasking efficiently
- Professional attitude
- Eager and willing to learn and engage with team/leadership & strong interpersonal skills
- Strong financial skillset (modeling, variance analysis, forecasting, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Products (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
Requisition #: 261738