Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
• Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
• Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
• Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
• Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Technical Writing Intern in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, the Intern would help gather, create, and catalog documentation supporting Project Managers. Tasks during the 10 weeks will include developing documentation, communicating with team members, and organizing documentation.
The ideal intern will have
• Technical writing skills with common languages in the industry.
• Project management experience or exposure
• Excellent writing skills
• Technical writing experience
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with Teams
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – May 2023.
- Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in English, Tech, Communications, or similar degree field.
- Proficiency and understanding of;
- General understanding of IT infrastructure principles
- Concepts of Project Management
- Windows, Lunix, Unix servers
- Oracle, SQL, MySQL, Informix databases
- IT acronyms (LAN, WAN, OS, DB, HW)
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- Excellent organizational skills
- Remote work from home
- US work authorization
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!