The MBA Corporate Strategist Intern will assist in the creation of both long and short-term strategic priorities and plans, analysis and recommendations relating to emerging industry trends, expansion, investment and divestiture opportunities, and competitive dynamics.
Lumen is seeking a highly analytical, motivated, and ownership-minded MBA summer intern to support our strategic initiatives and drive value across the organization. This role offers high visibility to Lumen’s executive leadership team, providing unique opportunities for career advancement. Lumen’s Corporate Strategy team drives market analysis and actionable insights to company executives in support of our shared mission to leverage our impressive digital infrastructure assets to create value, as well as identify threats and opportunities emerging in the telecom and technology spaces and present creative solutions leveraging Lumen’s extensive network and software capabilities.
The Main Responsibilities
- Maintain awareness of Lumen’s business, strategy, and priorities; and adjacent industries and technological, economic, environmental, and competitive situations that may influence the current and future inorganic strategy
- Where appropriate, either monitor or assist in the monitoring of financial and operational results of acquired companies against valuation assumptions and projected performance standards
- Participate in the tracking, assessment, and reporting of synergy results from acquisitions and achievement of those results versus expectations
- Identify threats and opportunities emerging in the telecom and technology spaces and present creative solutions leveraging Lumen’s extensive network and software capabilities
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Attending a 4-year accredited college or university, In pursuit of a master’s degree in Business, with a concentration in Finance, Risk Management, Entrepreneurship, Strategy or closely related field., graduating August 2022 – June 2023.
- Major/Degree: In pursuit of a master’s degree in Business, with a concentration in Finance, Risk Management, Entrepreneurship, or closely related field.
Proficiency and understanding of;
- Excellent analytic, problem solving, and communication skills coupled with a strong work ethic and intellectual curiosity
- 5 years of professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Prior experience in telecoms or technology industry preferred
- Passion for understanding new technology and desire to contribute to team initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presence in front of senior executives
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong Public Speaking and presentation Skills
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- Ideally the position will be in one of the following offices :Broomfield -CO. May consider remote/ work from home.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours per week during the 10-week program (June – August)
- Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
- US work authorization
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 262934