Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
A Sales Development program designed for the 4th Industrial Revolution. If you are a new or recent graduate who is driven, highly motivated and goal oriented, with a passion for building relationships and working with customers to solve their technology needs, the Lumen Sales Academy is the right program to help you launch a successful career in technology sales.
Do you thrive on competition and making connections? Want to start a career in sales but not sure where to start? Be a part of our sales team, transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. As a technology sales professional at Lumen, you will assist companies to capitalize on emerging applications and power the 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR).
About the Sales Academy Experience:
3-year Sales development program – designed to help you have a successful and meaningful career journey at Lumen
- Initial 10 weeks of virtual- classroom style immersive training, coaching, and development
- Training class dates: February 7th – April 15, 2022 (virtual, work from home)
- Learn technical and sales fundamentals for success from proven sales leaders.
- Understand Lumen’s AMAZING platform and full product and solutions portfolio to increase overall knowledge for go-to market strategies.
- Learn technical and professional fundamentals from proven sales leaders.
- Network with Sales Academy and SE class peers, sales leaders, and business executives from all over the organization
- Upon completion of training, transition to an Account Manager role within a major sales market; Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia/DC area, Washington, Wisconsin.
- Continued support, development, and coaching in the field.
The Main Responsibilities
Be Part of an entrepreneurial team, responsible for managing a designated customer base. With an uncapped earning potential: you will be empowered to grow financially through the ability to deliver complex and robust product solutions backed by world class technology and infrastructure. Life longer learning with continued mentoring and growth/development through, Instructor-led, web-based, and hands-on training – all designed to help you gain new experiences.
Specifics for our sales role:
- Focus on generating sales leads by using lead-generation and research tools during the first 3 months.
- Expand Lumen’s customer base by proactively qualifying leads and sales prospects by understanding business profile, buying process, requirements, and timeline expectations.
- Formulate solutions and present products and solutions persuasively and effectively while linking benefits to the client’s business objectives and needs.
- Produce new sales from prospects and current Enterprise customers via various outreach methods.
- Must have a sense of urgency and respond to inquiries within established timeframes.
- Successful performance demonstrated by achievement of monthly sales.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Business, Marketing, Sales, Communications, or similar degree (preferred).
- New or Recent graduate with less than 2 years of sales experience.
- A history of leadership in extracurricular activities, such as sports, student government, societal membership
- Ability and ambition to thrive in a fast paced, complex environment.
- Always demonstrate a positive attitude and act with integrity.
- Conveys a sense of urgency, responsiveness and drives issues to closure.
- A self-starter who is motivated to excel in Enterprise Business Sales
- Strong time management and ability to prioritize.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct outreach method such as prospecting and cold calling.
- Ability to show adaptability and resilience in various situations.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and passionate individuals who can define impact by examples of customer service, projects, or work experience.
- Passion for customer service and desire to understand and introduce new technology to customer base.
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical problem solving and closing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Potential to relocate for the sales position. **Relocation assistance available for those who qualify**
- ***Authorization to work in the US; sponsorship is not available for this program. ***
- Ability to participate in the training program uninterrupted from Feb 7, 2022 – April 15, 2022.
What to Expect Next
After submission of your application, you will be invited to complete a virtual video interview. This will be an opportunity for you to expand on your background and experience. We ask that you complete the video interview within 5 days of application for continued consideration in the program. Don’t see the invitation? Check your SPAM folder for the invitation from HireVue.
Requisition #: 259351
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.