Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s Tech. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. We have a history of re-invention and are always looking forward. As a software engineer at Macy’s, you’ll help us shape the future of retail. The goal is simple: stay driven, develop your technical and leadership skills, and set the pace in retail technology.
Macy’s is dedicated to making life shine brighter for our customers, colleagues, and communities. Our recipe for success is a strong national footprint, robust e-commerce business, and a great mobile experience that ties it all together. Macy’s Tech combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up with the stability of an iconic national brand. Our team supports millions of customers in connected commerce across the technology hub at Macy’s.
The Early Careers Program provides the next generation of engineers with an opportunity to continuously learn and develop their skills in a variety of areas. You’ll gain real production work experience, opportunities for professional growth, and dedicated mentoring support.
- Work alongside your mentor and fellow engineers in an agile work environment.
- Attend in-house technology training.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and leaders.
This full-time job opportunity kicks off with a 24-month rotational experience that balances on-the-job training with leadership and technical curriculum that will expose you to our organization’s key technologies. After completion of the program, our Early Career Software Engineers are then placed into a permanent Software Engineer role within our organization.
In just 24 months, you’ll:
- Get hands-on experience with business-critical projects
- Learn to design, code, test, debug and document programs across various applications and platforms
- Complete targeted technical training to quickly add value to your team
- Gain exposure to key technical and digital functions to get a well-rounded view of our business
- Work alongside mentors and peers to develop programming and leadership skills
Our Early Career Software Engineers are placed on one of our technology teams, to include but not limited to:
- Mobile Development (IOS, Swift, Android, SDK, etc.)
- Cloud Development (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Compute and Ops (Python, SQL, Unix/Linux, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field.
- Knowledge of programming languages (Java preferred), operating systems, and data processing
- Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (Agile preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyze data to discover trends and make decisions.
- Leadership experience and ability to solve problems and drive results through others.
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, self-motivation, and curiosity about developing a modern retail business.
- Passion for engaging and leading people.
- Strong business acumen and results orientation.
- Attention to detail and the ability to execute plans and strategies.
- Organizational skills are crucial to being successful in this role
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- With a flexible schedule that includes your input, you are able to maximize both work/life balance and the ability to run your business effectively.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.