Marathon Petroleum Company LP has an opportunity for a Supply Chain Contracts Representative at its Galveston Bay Refinery in Texas City, Texas.
- Execute and manage service contracts, supply agreements & SAP purchase orders for assigned commodities.
- Accurately input and manage reimbursable contractor rates in the TRACK system.
- Conduct commercial negotiations and competitive bids to ensure the company is securing “best value” for required goods and services. Formal competitive bids are conducted in the ARIBA system and will likely include job walks within the facility.
- Mitigate risk by ensuring appropriate contracts are executed prior to start of work.
- Ensure that contractor’s meet/exceed Marathon’s PSM and safety vetting requirements prior to start of work.
- Have working knowledge of reimbursable (T&M) contracts and how to negotiate contractor markup’s such as; profit, overhead, Small Tools & Consumables, equipment, etc.
- Have working knowledge of supply agreements and MRP automated ordering systems.
- Be knowledgeable of materials (pipe, valves, fittings, fasteners, gaskets, etc.)
- Monitor contractor performance and be engaged with the team when addressing and resolving issues.
- Act as a liaison between legal and the contractor to ensure contractual terms and conditions are mutually acceptable prior to contract execution.
- Possess the traits of a “role model” employee:
- Always have a positive attitude
- Be willing to assume additional responsibilities
- Pay attention to detail
- Have great interpersonal skills
- Mentor and improve others
- Must exhibit good collaboration and customer service skills. The role requires daily interaction with internal & external business partners.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Engineering is required.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP, ISNetworld, TRACK and ARIBA are preferred.